California State University San Bernardino Confidential Office Support for Academic Personnel / Academic Affairs in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status:** Full-time , Probationary, "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Some evenings and weekends may be required. The work schedule for this position during the summer months is Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (30 minute unpaid meal period).
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 20, 2016.
*About the University and Academic Personnel: *
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually.
The Academic Personnel Office provides support to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Department Chairs and faculty on academic personnel matters. The office provides leadership and oversight of academic policy and procedures in a manner that supports the overall academic goals, mission and strategic plan of the university.
Reporting directly to the Associate Provost, the Confidential Office Support will provide administrative office support to the Associate Provost for Academic Personnel and support/coordinate general office activities by performing a wide variety of administrative tasks independently. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Incumbent will assist with the preparation and gathering of sensitive data for fact finding, investigations, grievance responses, notice of investigation, collective bargaining, and information requests.
- Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating/maintaining confidential documents, meeting notes and assist with determining what items can be filed/archived electronically.
- Incumbent will draft memos, edit/format documents and proofreads materials containing confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Incumbent will assist with general office operations, answer/direct callers and respond to inquiries as needed to appropriate staff members or other departments.
- Incumbent will maintain the Associate Provost's calendar and prioritize all requests for meetings and make travel and meeting arrangements, coordinate work duties, process travel claims and other reimbursements for the Associate Provost.
- Incumbent will assist with organizing special programs and events, such as, the Faculty Recognition Luncheon, which includes coordinating with Sodexo on catering orders, working with events scheduling to reserve rooms for various meetings or events.
- Incumbent will sort and distribute mail, maintain office supplies and assist coordinating requests for approval.
- Employees assigned to this classification typically are required to use standard office equipment and the full range of office support technology and software packages such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Incumbent will other related duties, as assigned or requested. Minimum Qualifications
*Education and Experience: *
High School Diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years of office experience in higher education, public policy and public relations.
Applicants must have fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a basic foundation of English grammar, spelling and punctuation; an ability to understand basic office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; and an ability to perform basic arithmetic. Positions also may require basic typing and keyboard skills.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
Bachelors Degree and experience in higher education or a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in higher education, public policy and public relations.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00677
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $24,960.00 - $45,456.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA