California State University San Bernardino Business Intelligence Data Analyst (AA/S EI)/ Jack Brown College of Business & Public Administration in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: * *Full-time, probationary "exempt" position.
Work Schedule:**Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning Monday, September 28, 2016.
Position Summary: Incumbents in positions at this level perform the full range of work related to program and policy research, analysis, development, evaluation, and/or operational and fiscal analysis related to an administrative specialty. Work requires applying a theoretical knowledge base to develop recommendations and conclusions. Incumbents often serve as program administrators.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration. Typical Activities
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean for Innovation, Collaborations and Quarter to Semester Conversion, execute strategic research projects on behalf of the Dean's office at the Jack Brown College of Business and Public Administration. Projects focus on the College's programmatic audiences and aim to promote evidence-based dialogs, decisions and assessments about the College's strategic plan and strategic initiatives, stewardship of the Jack Brown endowment for the College, and the quarter-to-semester conversion. The incumbent will collect, organize, and analyze information from the university's and college's various internal data systems as well as from external sources and using audience surveys and polls, and will respond to ad hoc requests for data and analysis. The candidate with have a dotted line relationship with the Office of Institutional Research. The incumbent will perform duties in the following program areas:
Coordinator, Business Intelligence:
- Conduct data analysis, provide forecasts and predictions, and construct and maintain research databases. Develop models to support planning, enrollment management, decision-making, quarter-to-semester conversion, and accreditation.
- Take ownership of projects from planning, design, execution, monitoring, writing of results, and dissemination of information. The incumbent will prepare static reports with both tabular and graphical presentations as well as web-based active reports.
- Develop College-level processes and procedures to define, refine, implement, collect, report and analyze metrics, indicators and goals for Campus/College Strategic plans and various strategic initiatives.
- Compile data and prepare annual, quarterly, monthly, and specialized reports as delegated.
- Create graphs, reports, and dashboards both routine and/or ad hoc for departmental or aggregate results using sound practices on statistical graphics and data visualization.
- Support strategic research projects by collecting and analyzing secondary data concerning business and public administration market trends and competitor offerings.
Coordinator, Evidence for Academic and Co-curricular Innovations:
- Design, implement audience surveys, polls and other data collection systems, perform analysis, and report on results in support of the office of the Associate Dean.
- Administrative and constituency support for the office of the Associate Dean – Innovations, Collaborations and Quarter to Semester Conversion, and other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree with three years of progressively responsible experience in institutional or programmatic research, data analysis, data management, information technology, operations research, quality assurance, and/or project management. Specialized coursework in social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and research methodology, experience working with quantitative data, expert knowledge of SPSS (e.g., statistical analysis, writing syntax), Excel (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, macros), Word, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to understand database concepts and data modeling, databases (Oracle, MYSQL, MSSQL), data mappings, data transformation, systems analysis, experience in designing, constructing, analyzing, and maintaining large databases.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects concurrently, think critically and strategically, and must be highly organized and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to understand data specifications, elements, dictionaries, reporting structures, and reporting requirements for federal, state, CSU, and accrediting mandates.
- Ability to think qualitatively and quantitatively, and be conscious of data security and risk management.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external constituencies in a diverse University environment.
- Experience in SQL, Peoplesoft, or a business intelligence tool (Tableau, iDashboard, Cognos, OBIEE) preferred. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00663
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $46,764.00 - $75,912.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA