California State University San Bernardino Associate Dean (Administrator III) / College of Arts & Letters in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: Full-time, regular "exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Generally, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm (some evenings and weekends required).
*First Review Deadline: *This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning June 20, 2016. It is anticipated that the selected candidate will be appointed effective September 01, 2016.
Required Applications Materials: Candidates are required to attach a letter of application, curricula vitae/resume, a list of at least three (3) professional references and a diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words)
College Overview: The College of Arts & letters (CAL) at California State University, San Bernardino is a dynamic and caring community of students, faculty, and staff members united by a passion for the arts and humanities. We inspire students to learn and prepare them for the rapidly changing cultural and employment environment of the 21st century. The College is organized into the following academic units: Departments of Art, Communication Studies, English, Music, Philosophy, Theater Arts, World Languages & Literatures, and the Liberal Studies Program. The College also oversees the accredited Robert and Frances Fullerton Museum, Coyote Radio, Coyote Advertising, and the Visual Resource Center.
The Associate Dean reports to and works closely with the Dean of the College of Arts & Letters to carry out a smooth, efficient, and effective college operation. The Associate Dean provides leadership and oversight for enrollment management, program quality, academic scheduling, facilities planning and management and university relations. The Associate Dean supervises the College IT staff members and plays an important role to help ensure compliance with policies and procedures, coordination and implementation of initiatives to meet the mission and values of the College and University, assists with confidential issues that arise, and serves in the Dean's capacity in the absence of the Dean.
Additional description of responsibilities:
- Program & Leadership Support: Support the Dean in all aspects of program and leadership: Assist with the strategic planning and implementation of College and University objectives; Assist with the management of College programs, operations, monitor classroom space and coordinate and prioritize minor facilities and capital requests; Attend Chairs Council meetings, lead the College Curriculum Committee, and represent the College in various meetings and committees.
- Academic Scheduling: Monitor and manage faculty course load and course scheduling of all departments and programs, including summer school and Palm Desert Campus offerings; Assist with scheduling, staffing and assessment of general education courses; Monitor and manage course enrollments for minimum class size and large class guidelines.
- Budget Administration: Prepare and determine department allocations for lecturers and supplies and services funding; Consider and prioritize equipment purchases for departments; Coordinate and prioritize various funding proposals for items such as equipment, minor capital, etc.
Student Success:Oversee aspects of student success in the College such as grade grievances and other student issues or complaints. Minimum Qualifications
A terminal degree in one of the disciplines in the College.
- Experience as a Tenured Associate or Full Professor.
- At least 2 years of administrative experience as a department chair or equivalent position.
- Experience with budget management, facilities and space planning and management in complex organizations.
- Experience with curriculum assessment.
- Faculty and/or administrative experience within the CSU system. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00322
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: San Bernardino, CA