California State University San Bernardino Administrative Analyst/Specialist (Exempt I) /Testing & Tutoring Office in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: * *Full-time, probationary "exempt" position.
Work Schedule:* *To be determined.
First Review Deadline: **This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2016.
Position Summary:Incumbents in positions at this level perform the full range of work related to program and policy research, analysis, development, evaluation, and/or operational and fiscal analysis related to an administrative specialty. Work requires applying a theoretical knowledge base to develop recommendations and conclusions. Incumbents often serve as program administrators.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
*Program Administration *
- Manages all aspects of standardized test administration. Test Schedule consists of 20+ Saturdays per year, as well as evening exams.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and determines compensation rates for 1-50 proctors.
- Provides logistical planning for exams, ensures heating/air, space requirements, and parking are sufficient to meet the needs of the program.
- Supervises exam scoring processes to ensure strict adherence to required methods by vendors/campus units.
- Ensures protocols for testing vendors are being strictly adhered to before, during, and after exam administration.
- Independently supervises various Saturday exam administrations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Consults with various on-campus departments and external agencies regarding all testing services on campus.
Develops yearly testing schedule 6-18 months in advance, after analyzing campus needs, results from previous years, changes required by new Executive Orders from the CO and needs from other on campus units. *Advising and Complaint Resolution *
Advises new and current students, school counselors, on campus departments, faculty, and staff as it pertains to testing issues (EPT/ELM, EAP, ACT, WREE, and graduation requirement issues).
- Serves as the EAP analyst, advising students, staff, and department on campus regarding EAP score interpretation, senior year experience compliance, and score validation.
- Early Start compliance coordinator, assists students, faculty, and staff with Early Start compliance as it pertains to ELM/EPT mandated participation and testing exemptions, course options, and registration assistance.
- Interprets test results to help students, high school counselors, CSUSB faculty and staff to comply with admission requirements, placement tests results, and basic Math and English requirements.
Serves as point of contact for student complaints and petitions related to testing, works to develop resolution of such complaints and petitions while being sensitive to the diverse needs of students and also adhering to university and test vendor policies and practices. *Design, Plan and Committee *
Contributes to the completion of broader and more complex organizational and programmatic projects or goals.
- Serves on a variety of on and off campus committees including Early Start, International SWAT, and CSU TO among others.
- Represents the work unit on key projects within CSUSB and outside with the Chancellor's Office, other CSU campuses.
- Functions as a consultant to test vendors regarding examinations for new and continuing students.
- Primary contact for all testing companies and vendors regarding schedules, contracts, personnel needs, facilities use, university policies and procedures for new and existing exam administration requests.
- Provides test planning, logistics, protocol, and execution expertise to other on-campus units for exam administration that will yield data the university can use to improve student outcomes.
- Represents CSUSB at conferences and related inter-campus functions.
- Responsible for planning and execution of site/agenda for CSU Test Officer's conference on a rotating basis.
Uses expertise to serve as a program evaluator of other CSU campus test office/functions. Budget
Develops, adheres to, and oversees test budgets, including management of three trust funds and a general state-side fund using working knowledge of fiscal analysis.
- Forecasts financial needs for the department.
- Prepares appropriate authorizations and forms for trust and state accounts.
- Reconciles accounts, monitoring and analyzing expenditure transactions.
- Reviews and authorizes all requests to expend funds for budget authorization.
- Analyzes monthly account activity and prepares financial reports for AVP for Undergraduate Studies.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving expenditures discrepancies, preparing cost transfers and budget adjustments.
Provides detailed cost analysis estimates for AVP for Undergraduate Studies, when requested, for a variety of exams. Evaluation
Assists AVP for Undergraduate Studies, English and Math Departments, and Director of Advising and Academic Services with test data analysis.
- Makes recommendations to the AVP for Undergraduate Studies and other university officials regarding the usefulness of a variety of standardized exams.
- Compiles statistics related to testing programs for distribution via periodic reports to the campus community.
- Evaluates current testing policies to determine efficiency and effectiveness of such procedures.
- Ensures compliance and alignment with the mission and standards of a variety of testing programs.
- Designs most office publications related to testing to explain and interpret CSU and university policies regarding testing issues and to facilitate student participation in testing programs.
- These publications include: contributions to the campus bulletin, creation of test fliers, forms, registration and information packets, appointment cards, posters, signs, recruitment emails, and letters as well as all electronic materials posted by the Testing Office.
- Responsible for creation of training programs for new and existing proctors, including recruitment fliers, applications, training materials and modules. Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including program development, managing a complex budget (including state and trust accounts) and staff supervision.
Experience managing teams (including staff and student workers) and conducting large-scale programs. *Knowledge/Skills: *
Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise in testing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and security of test results and student information.
- Knowledge of the principles of and best practices in learning support centers, including multi-subject tutoring centers.
- Knowledge of and experience with the principles and practices of promoting college student success.
High level written and oral communications skills and the ability to tailor communication to specific audiences (from incoming students and parents to CSU faculty, administrators and the Chancellor's Office). Preferred Qualifications:
Thorough knowledge of CSU policies and procedures.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HR, Financial, and Student modules. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00568
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $46,764.00 - $75,912.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA