HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Nurse in Salt Lake City, Utah
SIGN-ON BONUS: We are currently offering a sign-on bonus of $2,500 for a two year commitment.
Are you seeking a Monday - Friday day shift position? Are you tired of working holidays? Are you done being on call? Are you looking for a competitive wage and full time benefits? If you are a nurse circulator then look no further! Apply today!
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. Welcome to our Team!
At the St Mark's Outpatient Surgery Center, the demand for compassionate & quality care has never been greater. As a result, we are seeking a qualified OR Nurse to join our growing team. The mission of the St Mark's Outpatient Surgery Center* *is to provide exceptional care to /every/ patient /every/ day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness and personal pride.
*GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: * Contributes to the company by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the surgical patient during the intra-operative period. Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until the patient is transferred from his/her care to the recovery R.N. The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Performs duties of the circulating or scrub role in caring for all age patients. This person will report to the Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor, or designee.
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
* Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
* Facilitates effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures. * Utilizes preference cards and updates as necessary. * Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients, stretchers, and OR tables to prevent injury to patient and self. * Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including: being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed. * Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy. * Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure. o Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure. o Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart. * Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications. * Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care. * Performs nurse circulator duties as assigned. * Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia. * Takes responsibility for careful and accurate handling and/or logging of narcotics, biohazardous materials, and surgical specimens. * Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner. * Assures all members of the surgical team comply with principles of surgical hand asepsis, aseptic, and sterile technique.
* Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care. * Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials. * Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets. * Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: * Active RN license as required by state of employment. * Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.* *online certification not acceptable. * ACLS as required by facility. * CNOR certification preferred. #indhunt #CB
Title: Operating Room Nurse
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-St Mark%27s Outpatient Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 07818-33125