Revenue Solutions, Inc. Database Developer/Database Administrator in Roseville, California
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Database Developer/Database Administrator
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture.
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays.
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
We are currently looking for a Mid-level Database Developer/Database Administrator to join our Product Development team at RSI’s Solution Center in Roseville, CA. Leveraging your experience in database design, development, and administration, you will be responsible for the implementation, installation, enhancement, and maintenance of small to large-scale Relational databases running both in our product development environment and at client sites around the country.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
• Identify, maintain, and audit database standards, best practices, and processes
• Work with the Technical Architect(s) and Data Architect(s) as needed to come up with a solutions for a particular projects or requirements
• Maintain product’s data model diagrams and data dictionaries.
• Conduct reviews of database scripts including stored procedures, user-defined functions, tables, and indexes as required
• Serve as a query tuning and optimization technical expert
• Review, commit, and maintain day-to-day database change scripts
• Perform database backups and restores
• Perform data loads and extracts
• Assist the Configuration Manager with deployments and migrations of database related artifacts
• Serve as a SQL language syntax technical expert
• Serve as an RDBMS platform technical expert
• Identify issues and escalate suggestions for database improvements (tables, indexes, DAL changes, etc.)
• Maintain and monitor operational DB maintenance plans
• Troubleshoot operational DB issues
• Augment the Development Team as needed with software development tasks
Limited travel to client sites may be required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years relevant work experience in a software development environment
• 4+ years work experience performing Database development and Administrator duties on SQL Server databases
• Strong understanding of Relational Databases and Data Structures
• Demonstrated experience in the creation and maintenance of E-R Diagrams and Data Dictionaries
• Strong understanding of logical and physical data modeling
• Strong understanding of database standards and best practices
• Demonstrated experience in SQL Server databases administration.
• Demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL (queries, Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with database modeling tools such as ER/Studio or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience in the area of database/query performance tuning
• Development experience in Java (J2EE) and/or .NET
• Familiarity with prevalent SDLC methodologies and ability to work in an agile environment
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Experience performing Database Administrator duties on both Oracle (9i/10g/11g) and SQL Server (2008/2008R2.2012, 2014) databases
• Experience with Data Warehouses and High Volume databases
• Experience with Database ETLs such as SSIS
• Experience with Visual Studio .NET and/or Eclipse
• Experience with version control software and related principles (tagging, branching, etc.)
• Configuration/Build management experience, including knowledge of InstallShield