HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic - Ambulance Service - PRN in Rome, Georgia
[Redmond Regional Medical Center]*_ _* *Redmond Emergency Medical Services* *Paramedic- Ambulance Service* Job Purpose: * *
- To provide quality BLS, ALS and emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established Georgia Scope of Practice and protocols
- To provide safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations.
- To ensure emergency vehicles and equipment are maintained and in a state of readiness at all times.
- This Employee shall perform daily duties at stations to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Employee must actively assure appropriate movement of vehicles to ensure zone coverage and low response times at all times.
- Employee shall actively communicate to other EMS staff and Command Staff to ensure effective communication across all levels.
- To set example and be a role model for other EMS personnel by not participating in poor behaviors, rather living the CARE values.
- Will be accountable to exemplifying excellent service behavior to patients, clients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, vendors;
- Show courtesy, personalized attention, respect, compassion and timely responsiveness to all customers at all times.
- Employee participates in regular drills and special events to assure adequate staffing and appropriate training for staff.
- Employee actively seeks out education opportunities and takes responsibility in maintaining personal and state mandated education needs within education policy guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED; Successful completion of an accredited Paramedic Training Program
- Experience in the field of Emergency Medical Services with ALS or BLS experience preferred
- BCLS, ACLS( Only required If employee is a Paramedic), Equivalent in Pediatric (EPC, PALS, PEEP) (within 60 day of employment) and Trauma (ITLS, ATT, PHTLS) (within 60 day of employment)
- Current Georgia Paramedic License/ //Other: /Current insurable Class "C" Driver's License or higher
Additional Job Duties:
- Works primarily in EMS performing functions as listed in job purpose. Hours are variable, based on department needs.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting heavy weights when providing patient care.
- Must be able to handle high levels of stress. Must be able to problem solve and handle emergency and crisis situations. Ability to handle regular interaction with associates, patients and/or family members. Requires above average people skills.
Title: Paramedic - Ambulance Service - PRN
Location: Georgia-Rome-EMS Services
Requisition ID: 06694-6557