HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Food Services Assistant - Dietary (PRN) in Rome, Georgia
_Redmond Regional Medical Center – Rome, GA_
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,100 associates. With outstanding medical care and attention available 24/7, the hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region.
Redmond Regional Medical Centeris looking for aFood Services Assistant - Dietary (PRN/As Needed).
Must be able to work some weekends and holidays.
_Job Summary _
- Responsible for basic food service tasks including serving & plating foods, basic food prep activities, cleaning & sanitation duties, dishwashing, patient cart & tray delivery, stocking of foods & supplies, & trash / garbage disposal.
- Responsible for being responsive to customers’ needs. Must work with all customers & FNS staff to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- May be required to prepare basic foods, prepare salads & desserts and serve foods for hospital patients, and customers. Responsible for ensuring the highest quality of food services to all customers.
- May be assigned to various food service duties including delivery of patient nourishments, assisting in the Diet Office, Catering setup, preparation, delivery, service and cleanup.
- Responsible for providing positive servant leadership to the department & hospital. Must work effectively with other FNS staff. Must be a self starter and results oriented.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe working environment throughout the department.
- Responsible for food and equipment safety; having a strong food and equipment safety awareness; and maintaining high quality FNS standards and compiling with regulatory agencies standards.
- Responsible for working within budgetary guidelines and maximizing food & supply usage, while minimizing waste.
- Works with the FNS staff and Leadership to ensure proper & adequate daily food service activities. Must work with associates & customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Takes ownership of their assigned areas & of quality issues. Report issues to FNS Leadership.
- Must actively work with associates & customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution. Assists in monitoring and maintaining quality control, HCAAP and Critical Control Point controls and monitors’ records.
- This position may be required to perform cleaning and sanitation assignments, including floor, wall, hood cleaning, dish & pot washing, lifting, moving, properly storing of foods, supplies, equipment, furniture & delivery of patients trays.
Responsible for acting as a role model for care delivery and demonstrate WE CARE Values in all actions. This includes demonstrating excellent service behavior.
High School Diploma of GED is preferred, but not required.
- One year of food service experience is desirable.
- Technical or Vocational in food service desirable, but not necessary. Ability to use and operate department equipment, and read and follow department guidelines, protocols, and policies.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills. Must be able to read and write English. Have the ability to learn to address considerations and safety needs of the patient populations and customers of the FNS department.
Title: Food Services Assistant - Dietary (PRN)
Location: Georgia-Rome-Redmond Regional Medical Center-Rome
Requisition ID: 00038-6636