HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Executive Chef in Rome, Georgia
_Redmond Regional Medical Center – Rome, GA_
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,100 associates. With outstanding medical care and attention available 24/7, the hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region.
Redmond Regional Medical Centeris looking for anExecutive Chef.
_JOB SUMMARY_ * * The Food and Nutrition Services Executive Chef’s primary responsibilities are:
- All cold and hot food preparation and presentation
- Culinary training
- Department Sanitation
- Cafeteria and patient menu development
- Ordering Food Supplies
- The Executive Chef is to support the Director and Production Manager in their absence.
- The Executive Chef is responsible to provide culinary leadership and ensure the highest quality of food services to all customers; to aid in purchasing, receiving and maintaining all foods and supplies required by Food Services.
- The Executive Chef is responsible for providing a positive servant leadership to the department & hospital.
- The Executive Chef must work effectively with the FNS Production Manager, Director, Chief Clinical Dietician, and Clinical Dietician.
- Must be a self starter and a results oriented problem solver.
- Responsible for staff training of proper culinary procedures, department orientation, and food preparation.
- Ensure that all cooks' areas are stocked with the appropriate tools, food, and any other materials that are needed for preparation.
- Lead and create menu development with the director, production manager and any other leads or employees to stay current with customer preferences.
- Assist in counseling/ coaching employees with other managers/director when needed.
- Coordinate with the Director and Production Manager to ensure that catering functions are prepared and delivered on time and meet department quality standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation throughout the department.
- Provide the back of the house employees with a sanitation schedule and ensure that it is consistently completed and turned in to the FNS director.
- Complete daily walk through inspections of the kitchen facilities with the director, production manager and any other leads or employees to identify needs/ opportunities that need to be addressed and report them to the FNS director.
- Areas of focus include but are not limited to all refrigeration/ freezer units, cold prep/ hot prep areas, dry storage, and all prep equipment/ food storage units.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment throughout the department for all associates; food and equipment safety; building a strong food and equipment safety awareness; and maintaining high quality FNS’ standards and those of regulatory agencies.
- Monitor associates’ productivity and provide feedback to them to increase quality, and productivity.
- Works with the Production Manager to oversee daily food prep and service activities and staff, and serves as a backup to the Production Manager.
- Responsible for working within budgetary guidelines.
- Oversees daily food prep and service activities and staff.
- Regularly monitors and insures the maintenance of all quality control, HAACP and Critical Control Point monitors records.
The Executive Chef position may be required to perform cleaning and sanitation assignments, including floor, wall, hood cleaning, dish & pot washing, lifting, moving and proper storing of foods, supplies, equipment, furniture.
- High School Diploma of GED is preferred, but not required.
- One year of food service experience is desirable.
- Technical or Vocational in food service desirable, but not necessary. Ability to use and operate department equipment, and read and follow department guidelines, protocols, and policies.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Have the ability to learn to address age appropriate considerations and safety needs of the patient populations and customers of the Food Services department.
Title: Executive Chef
Location: Georgia-Rome-Redmond Regional Medical Center-Rome
Requisition ID: 00038-6778