HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Lab Scientist PRN in Riverside, California
Under supervision as defined in REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS and according to established policies and procedures performs the duties of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1; demonstrates supervisory ability and acceptable judgment and technical expertise in one or more sections of the laboratory; assists management in directing, monitoring and evaluating work of personnel engaged in performing laboratory tasks/procedures/processes by establishing work priorities and assigning work to staff; functions as a technical resource; performs more complex and/or non-routine testing procedures; trains laboratory personnel, completes assigned projects and tasks and performs in-charge assignment in the absence of a manager.
- The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is directly responsible to the Technical Manager and/or the Department Manager or delegate.
- Responsible for supervising, delegating and coordinating the work of other staff as assigned.
- Degree of supervision required: Minimal, individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by laboratory administration and by the hospital’s Operations Division.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Valid California State Department of Health Services Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of the laboratory organization, policies and procedures including technical safety procedures and information system functions.
- Supervisory skills in areas of assuming responsibility, exercising independent judgment, making judicious decisions when responding to issues and problems and flexing staff to accommodate workload.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals including physicians, hospital staff, laboratory staff, hospital administration and clients.
- Analytical skills necessary to resolve technical and non-technical issues and problems.
Minimum Experience: 1. Successful completion of a supervised one (1) year clinical laboratory internship. 2. Minimum five years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. 3. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system. 4. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
Some lifting and carrying of between 50 and 100 lbs may be required.
Manual dexterity(eye/hand coord.) Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder Repetitive arm/hand movements Finger dexterity Color Vision Acuity - far Acuity - near Depth perception
Mental Requirements include:
Manage stress appropriately Handle multiple priorities Make decisions under pressure Work with a diverse mix of people Manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately Work in areas that are crowded Manage internal and external customers effectively Verbal Communications skills
Title: Clinical Lab Scientist PRN
Location: California-Riverside-Riverside Community Hospital
Requisition ID: 07150-7730