Federal Reserve Bank Technical Support Technician in Richmond, Virginia
Technical Support Technician
The Information Technology department has immediate openings for a Technical Support Technician, reporting to the Manager of the Release and Deploy team. In this critical, non-exempt role, you will provide technical support for personal computer, standard applications, network, and related activities to FRIT and Fifth District staff with an emphasis on service excellence. You will be responsible for resolving routine and advanced computer software/hardware problems timely using any combination of telephone support, remote control technology, and/or in-house physical visits to the client workstation using appropriate resources and tools. The ideal candidate is a reliable and self-motivated individual who possesses strong results-oriented, organizational, and technical skills.
**The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on October 31, 2016
**Hiring range is $43,269-54,086 annually
**Selected candidate subject to special background check procedures
**Candidates should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interest. The Code is available on the About Us Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org
**Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
· Build and deploy desktop computing devices and manage warranty issues and hardware replacements as needed
· Install and configure mobile devices, including blackberry and iPhones
· Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems withLANcommunications, client operating systems and standard applications. Properly escalate Level 3 problems to appropriate support groups
· Install and test standard software on client computers
· Install and ensure functionality of third party and in-house developed software
· Utilize Service Catalog to fulfill customer requests and track work
· Ensure resolution of problems by conducting follow-up with end users
· Provide technical instruction on standard software capabilities to clients
· Install PC hardware accessories and provide routine hardware problem determination when needed
· Participate in contingency testing efforts as needed
· Work with IT Services and assigned Business areas during a crisis, contingency, or outage
· Work independently and on teams to resolve problems
· Remain current on new technology by awareness of new products, training, and networking.
· Perform activities associated with PC surplus and disposal
· Participate in projects or special teams relating to end user computing to accomplish department, Bank or System initiatives
· 4 years relevant IT technical support experience (preferred)
· Requires strong technical knowledge and the ability to diagnose and resolve software, hardware, network, and operating system problems.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience.
· Possesses in depth knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office products, Blackberry and other mobile computing devices and technology.
· Performs job responsibilities independently with minimal oversight and strong attention to detail.
· Proven problem solving abilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues including network and internet technologies.
· Possesses problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills to advise clients on computing capabilities.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required for interaction with all levels of management, customers, and vendors.
· Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation and technical writing.
· Basic understanding of ITIL foundations and project management methodology.
· Ability to participate in and/or lead projects or special teams involved in IT-related Bank or System initiatives.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
· Adhere to Banks attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
· Adhere to Banks ethics and security policies.
· May provide after hours on call support.
· May require travel to attend training classes or participate in special efforts
· Extended hours required approximately 1-5 days per month to meet service deadlines. Occasional odd shifts may be required to meet customer service requirements. May provide 24-hour on-call support and may provide support at alternate locations. Due to the support requirements, this position will physically reside in Richmond, Virginia
· Other duties as assigned.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Technical Support Technician
Requisition ID: 248435