HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Perinatal Genetic Counselor- Richmond Market in Richmond, Virginia
*SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Richmond Market - Chippenham Hospital, Johnston Willis Hospital and Henrico Doctors Hospital.*
• Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to analyze genetic information to identify patients or families at risk for specific disorders or syndromes.
• Initiates and documents patient education including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality. • Plays a critical role in the coordination of care between the Perinatal Center, primary obstetrician, subspecialty health care providers and inpatient units. • Participates in the development of standards of care, practice and performance guidelines, policy and procedures and patient education related to genetic counseling. • Utilizes expertise in area of specialization to provide consultation services to health care providers and consumers.
• Demonstrates leadership through effective communication with departmental staff, physicians, nurses and other genetic counselors, and internal/external customers.
• Participates in Perinatal Center continuous quality improvement and Joint Commission activities. • Utilizes and facilitates research that supports and advances genetic counseling.
• Ability to travel to multiple sites within the market as scheduled to provide genetic counseling to assigned patients and physician support.
• Ability to determine or coordinate treatment plans by requesting laboratory services, reviewing genetics or counseling literature, and considering histories or diagnostic data.
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree in Genetics from a recognized college or university. Board certification/eligibility in Genetic Counseling by the American Board of Medical Genetics or the American Board of Genetic Counseling is required.
Title: Perinatal Genetic Counselor- Richmond Market
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-32730