HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Med/ Surg Charge Nurse RN (Chippenham Hospital) in Richmond, Virginia
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Responsible for clinical supervision of the unit on a shift by shift basis.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with members of the healthcare team and patients and their significant others.
- Promotes customer satisfaction (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Advances cost effective clinical operations including supply management and clinical utilization.
- Actively participates in safety and quality initiatives on the unit. Supports continual survey readiness of the unit.
- Role models professional and clinical leadership on the unit.
- Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and pursues personal professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and inservices.
EXPERIENCE Required -One year of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited professional nursing program (required) BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current license or eligible for licensure as an RN in Virginia American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Title: Med/ Surg Charge Nurse RN (Chippenham Hospital)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-35206