HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Lead RN Behavioral Health Nights in Richmond, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the Team Leader to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Serves as a resource and mentor for staff in the clinical area.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions and actions in the lead clinical role.
- Provides opportunities for employee development.
- Communicates effectively with staff, peers, external and internal customers.
- Monitors staffing to volumes.
- Utilizes quality improvement as basis to improve department processes.
- Assists with thorough and complete orientation of all incoming personnel, utilizing the department orientation plan and ensuring all aspects of the orientation process are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Demonstrates clinical competence to practice within the departments’ scope of service.
- Communicates effectively with leadership, staff, peers, and physicians.
- Assists with departmental Quality Initiatives, outcomes management projects, and other hospital initiatives in compliance with Federal, State, and Joint Commission regulatory/accreditation bodies. Functions effectively as a team member, triage, charge nurse and preceptor.
- Pursues own professional growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BLS and CPI required.
LICENSURE: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
EXPERIENCE: One year behavioral health experience
Title: Lead RN Behavioral Health Nights
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: 00448-34850