Columbia Sportswear Company Retail Visual Merch Supervisor - Richmond, CA - MHW Employee Store in Richmond, California
Retail Visual Merch Supervisor - Richmond, CA - MHW Employee Store
United States, California, Richmond
100001WV Requisition #
Oct 11, 2016 Post Date
A Different Kind of Adventure
Columbia Sportswear knows a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
We are proud to be a company of innovators. By constantly developing new and better products, we believe we can improve the way our customers enjoy the outdoors. The industry is taking notice too.Visit our blogto see the many accolades we've received.
Wondering where your next adventures will take you? Let's talk.
General Position Summary:
The Visual Merchandise Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to others while supporting a sales and service environment. This position supervises the store sales staff for a shift and focuses on visual presentation execution and marketing directives.This position supports and drives the company mission: “Connecting Active People With Their Passions.”
Compete To Win:
- Reviews product performance and makes recommendations to Store Manager for adjustments to merchandise placement while maintaining the integrity of the brand.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure the current visual presentation standards and signage direction are implemented correctly.
- Answer product inquiries through various means such as computer research, coordination with other departments such as the distribution center and the marketing and merchant team.
Doing the Right Thing:
- Maintains a high professional standard of individual behavior demonstrating respect, courtesy and professionalism in all dealings with customers and employees.
- Models excellent customer service to patrons and staff members by providing information to on current product features and benefits. Requires maintaining current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits, and availability.
- Creates a positive store environment that is supportive of employee training and development. Creates and maintains an environment of strong sales and exceptional customer service through coaching associates and leading by example.
- Perform regular daily store activities such as opening and closing procedures which include balancing registers, preparing cash bags, and activating security system.
- In conjunction with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, supervises floor staff and merchandise presentation including seasonal transition and in-season adjustments.
- Coordinates with management team to ensure that regular deep cleaning of store and fixtures are conducted as needed and proper organization and maintenance of visual storage area is maintained.
- Works with Freight and Floor Supervisors to ensure all merchandise is processed efficiently and meets floor-ready standards.
- Functions as “Manager On Duty” and Floor Supervisor and performs all duties of a key holder.
- Trains and coaches associates on merchandise handling, merchandise presentation and visual techniques as needed as well as day to day store operations and customer service.
- Maintains limited Store Manager functions in the absence of the Manager and Assistant Manager. Establishes repoire with all levels of Operations Management including District Manager. Informs appropriate management level of significant events and asks for assistance.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other team members in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the store.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and exercises autonomy on some projects/ tasks. Applies support or technical skills to non-routine tasks.
- Job has some variety in terms of customer contact and needs.
- Incumbent follows well-established store practices and procedures.
- Duties are performed with specific directions and goals and work is checked or verified visually and by results.
- Decisions are made within specific store policy constraints. Errors in judgment could affect the profitability of the store by affecting customer satisfaction or affect the accuracy of cash register transactions.
- Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Internal contacts frequently include the Store Manager, District Manager, Store Staff, Product Merchandise team, Safety and security, HR team, Retail Accounting, and other team members as needed.
- External contacts frequently include customers and vendors.
- Interactions tend to focus on providing daily direction, providing assistance, information exchange and training.
- Contacts sometimes include sensitive or confidential information.
- Incumbent often initiates communication on his/her own through various means including phone, email, and face-to-face interaction.
Specific Job Skills:
- Possess creative ability and knowledge of visual presentation.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities as well as receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Physical requirements include the ability to perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder occasionally and regularly lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Retail visual display experience and visual merchandising experience at a specialty or department store for minimum of 1-2 years.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.
- Evening meetings and/or weekend work, store openings/closings occasionally required.
- May assist with multiple stores or travel to multiple locations, as business requires.
- Job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing priorities.
- The ability to stand for extended periods and to bend, kneel, climb and stoop.
- Ability to operate telephones and computer hardware and software, including keyboard and 10-key. Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to a computer CRT.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Specific Job Skills:Possess creative ability and knowledge of visual presentation.Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities as well as receive feedback and take action when appropriate.Physical requirements include the ability to perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder occasionally and regularly lift/carry up to 50 pounds.Education/Experience:High school degree or equivalent.Retail visual display experience and visual merchandising experience at a specialty or department store for minimum of 1-2 years.Previous supervisory experience preferred.Job Conditions:Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.Evening meetings and/or weekend work, store openings/closings occasionally required.May assist with multiple stores or travel to multiple locations, as business requires.Job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing priorities.The ability to stand for extended periods and to bend, kneel, climb and stoop.Ability to operate telephones and computer hardware and software, including keyboard and 10-key. Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.Exposure to a computer CRT.This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age.OTS-COLOTS-MHWIND123