Columbia Sportswear Company Mountain Hardwear Trim Developer in Richmond, California
Mountain Hardwear Trim Developer
United States, California, Richmond
100001ZT Requisition #
Sep 29, 2016 Post Date
Thisexciting position will facilitate the trim development process for MountainHardwear from concept through commercialization. Must remain true and sensitive to thecreative directions of Design/Merchandising while striving to maintain thehighest quality standards, delivery and price parameters for Mountain Hardwear.
- Coordinate trims across product categories(Equipment/Outerwear/Sportswear) as part of the Material Development team
- Coordinate and work closely with Trim Developers in Liaisonoffices and Vendors direct
- Maintain trim library; archive, track, label all trim
- Partner with product development on costs and budgets for eachteam
- Hold accountability for development, quality, minimums, & costing
- Fluidly incorporate changes in direction
- Create simple tech packs or mock ups when modifying trims
- Initiates and manages development testing
- Manage relationships and ongoing dialog with PD, Design, &Factories to ensure trims are developed within calendar deadlines
- 4Year College Degree in Fashion preferred
- Min 2 years in similar position
- Thorough knowledge of trim applications in apparel and hardgoods
- Skilled in Excel and PDM
- Basic Illustrator & Photoshop skills
- Operates independently with limited supervision
- Self-starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm, andfocus to their day to day business.
- Great communication skills in writing (email) and verbally
- Ability to work with highly creative as well as operationalpartners
If you’re the type of person that likes to work hard, play hard and do it aspart of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you! Wemake products that stand the test of time, and we want you to do that withus!
This job descriptionis not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, butconstitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in thecompany.