Columbia Sportswear Company Mountain Hardwear - Sr. Demand Planner in Richmond, California
Mountain Hardwear - Sr. Demand Planner
United States, California, Richmond
10000228 Requisition #
Oct 06, 2016 Post Date
Do you live for the outdoors? We do! For over 20 years, Mountain Hardwear has pushed the limits of what ispossible. From weekend warriors toEverest summits, we are a brand built by passionate people who know what ittakes to be best in class!
Today, Mountain Hardwear inspires people across the globe topush their weekends longer and their limits further and it’s our dedication topremium gear that gets them there and back again. To us, this is more than a job; it’s a way oflife. Are you ready to join our team?
General Position Summary:
The Senior Demand Planner is responsible for style levelforecasts for specific categories from pre-season estimates to in-seasonmonthly demand forecasts using historical data, statistical projections, andmarket feedback. The forecasts need tobe monitored and maintained throughout the season. Forecast confidence,opportunities and risks need to be effectively communicated to Supply Plannersand Buyers.
The Senior Demand Planner works with the Demand Planners online plan analysis and cross category roll-ups. The Senior Demand Planner is afunctional and technical “super user” who is expected to lead and providetraining as needed. The Senior DemandPlanner also leads process improvement and ad hoc projects as well asreporting. The Senior Demand Planner performsin-depth analysis to improve forecast accuracy.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Build seasonal and monthly demand forecasts at style-colorlevel based on strategic category revenue and profitability goals, marketconditions and opportunities, advertising plans, customer bookings andsell-through, category cancellation trends, account door profiles and growthplans. The demand plan is the input forthe finished goods flow plan maintained by the Supply Planner.
- Provide on-going reconciliation of the style forecast to thefinancial targets.
- Support line development process by creating initialconsensus seasonal style level forecasts in collaboration with Sales andMerchandising.
- Support line planning, SKU management, and long range materialplanning by creating seasonal full-price sales forecasts at the style andstyle-color level.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, includingrisks and opportunities, to the Supply Planners.
- Help management improve the forecasting model and process,through in-depth analysis of inputs to the forecast.
- Serve as a training resource to other Demand Planners.
- Drive improvements in forecast accuracy by developing KPI’s,analyzing and tracking KPI results, and recommending forecasting policies andprocedures.
- Participate and provide analysis to help drive lineplanning.
- Build and maintain customer profiles including reorder andcancel patterns, door growth, direct ship volumes, assortments, etc.
- Understand, explain and track anomalies that affect thedemand curves and category forecasts.
- Provide analysis, information and recommendations ofopportunities to the Merchandising team.
- Review and evaluate Sales Rep forecasts.
Specific Job Skills:
- Superior forecasting skills.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive and assertive in follow-through with colleaguesand business partners, including a high degree of self direction.
- The ability to collaborate and influence others.
- The ability to apply experience and knowledge to providecreative solutions to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with theability to write clear and concise business communication.
- The ability to speak in front of groups of varying sizes andlevels within the company.
- The ability to manage ambiguous information.
- Experience in key supply chain functions including salesforecasting, material requirements, master production schedules, productionplanning, manufacturing, inbound and outbound logistics, and distribution.
- Experience using information systems associated with demandand supply planning.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to createspreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; proficiency with functions such assumif, vlookup, etc.
- Moderate experience using Microsoft Access, includingcreating queries, table joins, creating simple reports.
- Previous work with other cultures in a business setting, andawareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Bachelor’s degree, applicable certification or equivalentexperience
- Requires 8+ years of professional experience and mastery ofrelevant technical or business skills required to accomplish the job.
- Advanced knowledge within own specialty area and relatedareas. Applies specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices toprojects and initiatives.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusivelist of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition ofthe position’s scope and function in the company.