HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CT Technologist in Reston, Virginia
Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our 187-bed hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. Reston Hospital is the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. Reston Hospital Center was recognized in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 for its performance on accountability measure data for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community.
- Perform all CT procedures in strict accordance with currently approved practices as outlined in department policy and procedure manual and comply with all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
- Controls the flow of patients within the section, in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Utilizes supportive protective (i.e., radiation shielding) and immobilization devices as required for patient safety and comfort.
- Communicate to the patient the nature of the procedure and answer questions clarifying the procedure for the patient.
- Demonstrates practical application of age-related factors.
- Assures patient rights and privacy are maintained.
- Reports any significant problems related to patient, physicians, procedures, housekeeping, maintenance, supplies, or personnel to the Lead Technologist and/or Assistant Director.
- Properly wear radiation monitoring devices.
- Demonstrates competency in IV access and IV contrast administration.
- Cares for patients while they are in Radiology Department by checking IV's, catheters, tubing airways, and patient monitoring equipment.
- Utilize proper sterile techniques in setting up and performing interventional procedures
- Properly administers oral and rectal preparations to patients for exams per protocol
- Performs reconstructions/3-D imaging and CT angiography per protocol.
- Maintains continuing education credits for ARRT licensure.
- Demonstrates competency in operating the power injector in a safe manner per department protocol.
- Works efficiently and performs all exams within allocated timeframe.
- Properly enters charges for exams in RIS (Meditech) in a timely manner.
- Takes call as assigned by Lead Technologist.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: Graduate of an AMA approved program. Experience: Registered with ARRT in Radiography and CT. Experience: Ability to perform CT procedures following accepted standards and protocols.
Title: CT Technologist
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-12124