HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Tech Specialist - RCIS Preferred in Reston, Virginia
Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our 187-bed hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. Reston Hospital is the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. Reston Hospital Center was recognized in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 for its performance on accountability measure data for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community.
_PURPOSE_ Utilizes specialized knowledge and skills to perform technical aspects of the procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. In addition, he/she acts as a resource person for physicians and staff regarding use of specialized supplies and equipment in the lab. Job Functions
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of cardiovascular principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify problems, generate and analyze feasible solutions and choose an optimum course of action.
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member and provide support when needed.
- Prepares necessary equipment for all procedures and assists physicians as needed.
- Participates in general organization and stocking of the Cardiac Cath Lab procedure rooms with necessary supplies.
- Reports equipment failure and notes any potential safety hazards.
- Attends in-services for equipment and supplies. Occasionally participates in scheduling of procedures.
- Assists physicians in cardiac invasive and non-invasive procedures including scrub, circulation duties, and operating physiologic monitoring equipment, and radiologic imaging equipment (within scope of practice).
- Assists in precepting/training other personnel.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the organization, department, and regulatory and accrediting agencies in the care of the patient.
- Wears identification badge so it is visible to patients and others.
- Performs duties in compliance with patient and general safety practices as described in hospital policies and procedures.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and patient responses to interventions on a consistent basis.
- Assess and monitors vital signs according to professional standards of care.
- Interprets data to determine a change in the patient’s status, and takes appropriate measures, including the timely notification of the physician.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of patient care equipment.
- Utilizes ACLS protocols in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific disease process, treatments, interventions and responses based on age specificity, patient needs, condition, impairment, or disability.
- Physically prepares patients for Cath Lab procedures.
- Follows aseptic and sterile technique.
- Able to remove venous and/or arterial sheaths/introducers from procedure site(s) (i.e., left or right groin, left or right antecubital, etc.). Obtains hemostasis via direct pressure or angioseal placement, if qualified and permitted. Follows sheath removal protocol.
- Participates in monitoring patients’ ECG and vital signs and communicates variances to nursing staff and the physician.
- Assesses and documents patient/family/SO learning needs, abilities, learning preferences, and readiness to learn based on age specificity level of understanding, and cultural norms.
- Provides assigned patients and families with explanation of procedures, treatments, and medications.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiovascular Science. Licensure/ RCIS preferred (required within six months); BCLS required; Certification: ACLS required within three months of date of hire. Experience: Advanced ECG interpretation skills required. Experience in (RCIS) Radiology/Acute Care Facility desired. Experience in invasive Cardiology desired. Communicates effectively orally. Has strong interpersonal skills that reflect a positive attitude and a sense of commitment to our patients, work associates and community.
Title: Cardiovascular Tech Specialist - RCIS Preferred
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-11297