Caribou Coffee General Manager (Co-Brand) in Rapid City, South Dakota
Job Description * Position Mission:* Grows store sales and cash flow by “hands on management” with team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers to create a memorable experience for each and every guest while ensuring the delivery of fast and friendly service, quality products and a clean, safe store environment. Makes balanced decisions between driving sales and managing costs to achieve long-term, sustainable growth.
* Primary Responsibilities Include:* Sales:
- Increases unit sales through delivery of quality store operations and in-store sales building activities.
- Partners with neighborhood charities and churches to extend local reach and builds awareness of the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels.
- Ensures a quality guest experience by driving fast and friendly service, ensures that each product delivered to our guests meets the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels quality standards, and ensures that the store is clean in accordance with standards.
- Partners with District Manager (DM) to determine local sales building activities in-store.
- Executes national marketing programs.
- Monitors and analyzes results and uses the information to produce plans for improvement.
- Represents Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels in handling customer complaints and/or issues; demonstrates high aptitude for troubleshooting. Profit:
- Delivers profit by determining the appropriate number of counter hours necessary to increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Manages team labor by proper scheduling of management counter hours in combination with team members.
- Controls product costs through efficient inventory control and waste management.
- Controls operating expenses such as supplies, services, and telephone while ensuring upkeep of store and equipment.
- Minimizes loss through strict observance of cash handling policies, proper training of employees, and complying with all accounting/banking requirements.
- Completes weekly P&L.; Utilizes and interprets P&L; and financial statements to analyze financial trends and plans accordingly. People:
- Ensures overall safety of team members and customers.
- Maintains an adequately staffed store with qualified employees by engaging in effective recruiting, hiring, training, and retention tactics.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects new team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Orients and trains new team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Provides on shift development for team members, shift supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Offers guidance to team members regarding personal development opportunities and career path.
- Monitors the performance of each employee and holds them accountable for standards and expectations.
- Provides on the spot feedback and guidance.
- Responds to employee questions and resolves employee issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures steady flow of information to and from Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels.
- Models, upholds and implements the Caribou Coffee and Einstein Bros Bagels policies, practices, and standards.
- Complies with all local, state, and federal laws and guidelines. Administration:
- Represents store as a liaison.
- Oversees catering requirements.
- Completes and maintains records/paperwork.
- Completes proper forms, payroll procedures, and reports accurately.
- Maintains records of personnel, inventories, sales, and banking/accounting.
- Maintains point of sale system by reporting all system failures and verifies download accuracy (e.g. pricing updates, menu changes). Required Experience:
- Restaurant, retail or customer service management experience.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Demonstrated sales building, P&L; experience, recruiting, training, and basic computer skills.
- Math aptitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Team Member training.
- Shift Supervisor training.
- New Manager training.
- Drink Certified. * Physical Demands:* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 30 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
* The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc., or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.*
- Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender, identity or sexual orientation.*
Job number: 837002
Category: Restaurant Management
Location: SD, Rapid City, 902 Mount Rushmore