Revenue Solutions, Inc. Technology Analyst in Providence, Rhode Island
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Rhode Island [RI]
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
We are looking for a mid-level Technology Analyst to join our team of project managers, business analysts and consultants installing and customizing RSI’s Revenue Premier® Enterprise Management products for State Revenue Agencies. All Revenue Premier® product offerings are built in an n-tier client-server environment using an ASP.NET/C# front end and a Java/J2EE back end on an Oracle or SQL Server database.
In your role as a Technology Analyst, your responsibilities might include the installation, administration and support of various IT infrastructure components such as servers, networks and SAN’s, commercial software packages including MS Sharepoint, VMWare, and IBM Tivoli products, and the establishment and maintenance of virtual development environments. You will also be involved with software build and configuration management activities and will participate in development efforts throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Working in a team environment under the mentorship of an experienced Technical Lead you will have the unique opportunity to be a highly-visible team member on a large-scale system implementation project and to immediately contribute to the successful configuration and release of RSI’s product offerings and solutions. In addition, you will quickly expand both your technical and professional capabilities, developing a broad-based technical skillset that will allow your career to flourish. All we ask is that you love all forms of technology, like the idea of doing something different every day, have the ability to learn quickly, and are ready to jump in head first to your new career!
These positions will be based at our client site in Providence, Rhode Island, with subsequent travel and/or relocation to other engagements.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS or a related field.
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
• 3+ years’ relevant work experience in a commercial software or IT consulting environment
• Familiarity with various hardware components, networking technologies and commercial software packages
• Physical capability to move and install servers, racks, and other infrastructure components
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and client personnel
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Professional business demeanor
• Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
• Willingness to travel and/or relocate
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Advanced degree
• Previous Consulting firm experience, especially on large-scale public sector system implementation projects
• Direct experience with networking, hardware and/or software installations and configurations
• Familiarity with VMWare, SAN, Tivoli, and/or MS SQL server configuration, installation and administration
• Understanding of the SDLC
• Knowledge of domains, TCP/IP, VPN’s and firewalls