Columbia Sportswear Company IT Project Portfolio Analyst in Portland, Oregon
IT Project Portfolio Analyst
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000025O Requisition #
5 days ago Post Date
Columbia Sportswear Company isa portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and eventhe SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer totheir passions.
So if you have a passion forall things active, we might have the right role for you. If you craveadventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where youbelong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Companytoday.
Theposition supports Columbia Sportswear with standardization, planning, andalignment of the Global Information Services (GIS) project portfolio to approved strategies. The position is accountable to design,maintain, and enforce policies and procedures which govern the GIS department inthe areas of project portfolio planning and management.
Thescope of responsibilities include: managing project intake as well as coordinating;project prioritization, resource allocation, risk assessment, and project portfoliostatus reporting. This position partnersclosely with Finance for project budgeting and ROI (Return on Investiment) analysis,as well as partnering with the PMO (Project Management Office) to ensureorientation of program and project related staffing.
This position requires an analytical mindset. Solidcommunication andrelationship skills must be exercised in working with stakeholders across GISand business departments. The candidateshould possess strong initiative, analysis skills, and project portfolio experience.
- Coordinate standardized project riskassessment, budgeting, ROI, and evaluation of associated benefits for proposedprojects, including a determination for how soon new project work can begin inorder to avoid contention with existing projects
- Ensureconsistent intake and visibility for new project and improvement requests, aswell as mapping for overall alignment of the Project Portfolio to Columbia’sstrategic goals
- Supporteffective communication through providing Project Portfolio status reporting toGIS and Columbia Sportswear management
- Document system/processrequirements for new PPM (Project Portfolio Management) tools or updates toexisting systems and manual processes
- Recommend solutions for forms, workflows,reports, enhancements, data conversions, and data interfaces related to projectand portfolio management applications
- Knowledge and experience with IT ProjectPortfolio Management
- Stong analytical skills relating toprocess/system requirements and design
- Ability to communicate clearly at differentorganizational levels
- Familiarity with Project Management andFinancial Budgeting
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio andProject skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and demandssimultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferred with emphasis inbusiness or information systems
- 3-5 years system analyst / portfolio analystexperience, including IT experience and also experience developing requirementsand designing solutions for processes and systems
- Job requires hours that will sometimes exceed 8hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.
- Evening meetings and/or weekend work may occasionallybe required to collaborate with people in other time zones.
- Job pressure exists in the balancing of several conflictingand sometimes changing deadlines.
- Job is based in Portland, Oregon.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list ofduties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of theposition's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .