Columbia Sportswear Company Data Modeler in Portland, Oregon
United States, Oregon, Portland
100001W4 Requisition #
Aug 16, 2016 Post Date
Columbia Sportswear Company, Portland, Oregon.
Data Modeler, Duties:
- Perform design implementation and support of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and data structures within all layers of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment.
- Drive design of data structures. Facilitate modeling sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Analysts, and Business Users.
- Conduct Model reviews with Project Team Members.
- Create Conceptual/Logical/Physical Models for EDW staging, data integration, analytics, and reporting.
- Lead creation of Enterprise view (integration) of data.
- Lead model management and version control of data models.
- Facilitate creation/migration of data objects (DDL) across Development/Quality Assurance/Production.
- Reverse-engineer source system structures for EDW sourcing/landing.
- Drive metadata capture through data modeling application.
- Maintain repository and exchange of metadata using EDW-based tools (Teradata, Informatica, Cognos).
- Establish Standards, Guidelines, and Best Practices around data modeling initiatives.
- Publish and communicate models to IT and User Teams.
- Develop data movement requirements/technical specifications across EDW layers.
- Create and optimize data structures for reporting and data integration.
- Participate in requirements definition, analysis, and design of EDW solutions.
- Partner directly with BI reporting developers to assist with framework modeling, troubleshooting development performance, simplifying complex reporting requirements, and developing optimum solutions in accordance with Enterprise data standards.
- Investigate data quality issues to determine root causes, resolve data issues and recommend process changes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted); and
Experience: 5 years' post-baccalaureate progressive experience as a Data Modeler, Data Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Database Developer, or similar position.
Education: Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted); and
Experience: 3 years' post-baccalaureate progressive experience as a Data Modeler, Data Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Database Developer, or similar position.
3 years' experience :
- Working with SQL;
- Working with large database management systems (Teradata, DB2, MSSQL, or Oracle);
2 years' experience:
- Using data modeling tools (ERWIN or ER Studio);
- Working with ERP data (JD Edwards or SAP);
1 year experience:
- Conducting performance tuning and query optimization through Teradata BTEQ;
- Working with SAP AFS retail industry solutions;
- Developing complex performance tuning reports in COGNOS, or similar report tool such as Tableau or Qlik View; and
- Deploying and supporting large, complex data warehouse/business intelligence solutions.
All experience, skills, and requirements may be gained concurrently. Employer will conduct background check prior to hire.