Ericsson Network Traffic Monitoring Engineer in Plano, Texas
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Ericsson IT & Cloud Services organization has an excellent opportunity for an Operation Support Engineer with a strong background in IT infrastructure, implementation, and management.
You MUST have actual hands-on experience working with Linux/UNIX system administration, Telecom IN protocols including SS7, MAP, SIP, GTP v2, INAP, CAP v2, ISUP and MEGACO to apply for this job.
- Daily health checks of responsible IT environment nodes and tools.
- Integrate the production and test nodes in monitoring tools
- Maintain applications/tools on a supported software levels based on I-LCM plan.
- Ensures environment is stable and in compliance with Ericsson corporate security policy.
- Participate in projects when there is demand
- Write up Maintenance Operations Procedures (MOP) as required by customer and Operations Manager
- Process requests from the customer (external and internal) via trouble ticketing system
- Track all incidents and requests to successful conclusion
- Participate in customer troubleshooting calls and produce RCA (Root Cause Analysis) in case of security and operational incidents
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX (RHEL6/7 or equivalent, Solaris 10) system administration.
- 3-6 years’ experience in supporting production environment.
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally
- Experience of 3G and 4G GSM/CDMA digital telecom switching standards, including LTE, VoLTE and IMS
- Understanding of Telecom IN protocols including SS7, MAP, SIP, GTP v2, INAP, CAP v2, ISUP and MEGACO
- Understanding of Ericsson Charging System traffic flows including Diameter, SMPP and SOAP/XML over HTTP
- Experience decoding and analyzing TCP/IP as well as Telecom signaling packets and perform troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Telecom “Wi-Fi Calling” Call flows including S2b and Swm interfaces
- Familiarity with Ericsson Charging system solution components including CCN, SDP, and EMM
- Familiarity with Network packet decoding tools like Polystar OSIX, Jupiter, Netscout NgeniousOne, etc.
- Experience working with Real time traffic monitoring tools including setting up traffic dashboards, alerting and reporting
- Experience with Data Analytics tools and methodologies
- Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex IT/security projects in an enterprise-level environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and security protocols such as HTTP(S), networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, DES, SMTP, SSH, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Hands-on experience and strong understanding of network protocol analyzers, in-depth knowledge of information security risks and counter-measures for Windows, Unix/Linux/Solaris platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent communications and decision-making skills, both verbal and written. Able to deliver results in a high-energy/high-pressure environment
- Strong customer focus and desire to assist clients; thorough, detail-oriented and quality-driven.
- Must be able to be on-call 24x7x365 to support escalations and outages.
- Customer service skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
- Attention to detail, comprehensive problem and troubleshooting solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within time constraints
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to develop and work within standard processes
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || Consulting&SysInt;