Gordon Food Service Sales Trainer - Pittsburgh, PA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
TheSales Trainerconducts training for Gordon Food Service Division personnel with a heavy focus on the Customer Development Specialist (Outside Food Sales Representatives). Determines needs, prepares course materials and facilitates presentation materials. Follows up on effectiveness of programs to review appropriateness of materials.
- Works with division employees and leaders to understand development needs and desired performance improvements
- Utilizes Gordon Food Service learning and development tools to help employees improve performance
- Collaborates with HR Home Office and Sales Skills Coordinator to assess development needs, identify solutions and plans to meet needs
- Serves on project teams to select or develop training
- Delivers Gordon Food Service training and tracks in the learning management system (LMS)
- Evaluates training effectiveness
- Provides expertise and training to others utilizing the learning management system (LMS)
- Coordinates and schedules training activities to maximize human capital and physical resource utilization
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to analyze complex problems/situations and provide recommendations and solutions
- Ability to translate strategic initiatives into concrete objectives and action plans
- Ability to develop presentations, and skill using audio/visual equipment for presentations
- Ability to communicate and present material in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of management to facilitate group discussions and convey company programs and training
- Knowledge of current industry trends
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree - Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales or Business Related Field - Preferred
- Two to four years previous communications or training and development experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Travel – Required
- Work performed during off shifts, nights, or weekends - Required
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Sales