U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command Material Handler (MVO/FLO) in Pine Bluff, Arkansas
U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Pine Bluff, AR
Work Schedule is Full Time - Term NTE 1 Year
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (10 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Pine Bluff Arsenal is located in White Hall, AR with an estimated population of 6,000. The Arsenal is just North of Pine Bluff with a population of approximately 55,000, and home of University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and Southeast Arkansas College. The area offers museums, water sports, a regional park, and a nature center. The Arsenal is within 40 minutes of the state capital, Little Rock. The Arsenal has on-site child care, golfing, fishing, hunting, a swimming pool, and recreation facility.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Material Handler, you will support the Material Management Directorate related to serving as material handler with responsibility for independent accomplishment of complete warehousing operation involving one or a variety of warehousing functions that includes hazardous materials, explosives and munitions.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 10%
- This is a Term Position not to exceed 1 year, may be extended up to 4 years
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible.
Ability To Do The Work Of a WG-6907-06, Material Handler Without More Than Normal Supervision such as working practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order), technical practices (theoretical, precise, artistic), ability to interpret instructions, specification, etc. (other than blueprints) ,knowledge of m*aterials*
Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
Ability to Inspect
Competency in Safe Work Practices
Physical EffortMaterial Handlers work on hard surfaces and in work areas the require standing, stooping,bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. May be required to work at a rapid pace for long periods at a time. Frequently lifts and carries supplies, materials, and equipment that weighs up to 70 pounds. Occasionally may handle items that weigh over 70 pounds. Light physical effort is used in reaching, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate hand and foot controls. More physical effort is required to turn the larger and heavier vehicles and to operate the additional controls.
Material Handlers work is done inside and outside. Workers may work inside in areas that are hot, cold, damp, drafty, or poorly lighted. May work in bad weather in such outside areas as open docks and storage yards. The work may be dirty, dusty, and greasy. Workers are frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, and bruises; falls from ladders; or injury from mechanical conveyor systems or other materials handling equipment. Materials handlers drive in all types of weather and are exposed to the possibility of serious accidents. Operator is subject to cuts, bruises, and broken bones as a result of accidents while driving or when loading and unloading vehicles.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires prior to and annually to cover the medical surveillance portion.
Conditions of Employment:
- Position requires the incumbent be a CAIRA responder and, as such, incumbent must be physically able to meet the requirements of the Chemical Accident/Incident Response Assistance (CAIRA) Program including wearing of protective personal equipment during CAIRA exercises and serving as a chemical hotline team member involved in the movement of contaminated and injured personnel from the site of the accident.
- This position requires pre-employment and annual physicals
- This position is subject to the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the gun control act of 1968 which makes it a felony for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms or ammunition.
- Must be able to obtain (Within 6 months of employment) and retain at own expense a Class "B" Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with hazmat endorsement.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- This is a Term Position not to exceed 1 year, may be extended up to 4 years.
Salary Range: $16.05 to $18.76 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6907-06/06
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453145900
Job Announcement Number: SWBS171234561823360D