Amtrak Senior Systems Analyst - 90101988 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Engineering is implementing an Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM) that utilizes work and asset management technologies to maximize the performance of the infrastructure workforce and assets, as well as ensure regulatory compliance of all inspection requirements. The EAM provides information for decision making to the Engineering Department to help manage a $500 million annual capital and maintenance programs. This position is a critical to utilize this system efficiently and effectively.
The Senior System Analyst will be working to implement the Engineering Department’s asset and work management system. Under the guidance of the EAM Implementation Lead, he/she will partner with the systems stakeholders at all levels to develop and execute requirements and an implementation strategy that will result in improved performance, decision making tools, and in general, more information about the condition of our assets and the work performed on those assets. These stakeholders include but aren’t limited to the following: Amtrak’s Information Technology Department, the Engineering Systems groups, leaders in Construction and Maintenance, Finance, Discipline specific subject matter experts, and field employees at all levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
The incumbent will support upcoming Engineering Management efforts, including participation in implementation and post-implementation support for multiple, complex Engineering Asset Management (EAM) projects.
Responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with business stakeholders, while understanding and translating business needs into an EAM solution;
• Identifying, obtaining, verifying and documenting asset, location, and labor information required for each project in Maximo, as well as Amtrak Engineering’s Documentation Management System;
• Developing preventative maintenance plans, thus maximizing asset reliability, availability and costs, which include the creation of Job Plans, PMs, Meters, Work Flows, and other Maximo data supporting the plan;
• Developing, managing, and maintaining project deliverables, including project proposals, schedules and estimates, rollout plans, training strategies and materials;
• Leading and coordinating training sessions that implement work management strategies;
• Analyzing, documenting, and testing project functionality, logic, process flows, and specifications;
• Providing subsequent training and coaching following application production, thus ensuring trained Users have satisfactory working knowledge of the application;
• Providing quality customer service to Maximo Users, ensuring quality implementation of EAM systems;
• Listening and understanding Users concerns and, when necessary, articulate changes to applications and addressing concerns, by revising scope and development documents;
• Performing data extractions and custom reports in support of Engineering management and Field Users;
• Updating Work Management System to reflect accurate and current information, while maintaining system integrity; and
• Partnering with Maximo Help Desk to resolve escalated incidents.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Some experience working in Operations, Business or related field
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills for verbal & written presentations
• Some experience working with application databases
• Demonstrated training experience
• Prefer candidate to have a working understanding of railroad maintenance of way environment and its disciplines
• Communicate effectively with all levels of management
• Work with minimal supervision
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Proven ability to work in a team environment with all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with field managers, supervisors and clerical staff
• Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to run reports and validate data
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 22821
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering