Amtrak Senior Inventory Specialist - 90072491 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic planning and supply chain initiatives focused on Inventory Management (Value, capital projects, service levels and inventory turns). Analyze data to identify supply chain gaps and develop corrective action plans. Optimize working capital to support and achieve corporate objectives. Perform forecast analysis to evaluate and develop best case inventory strategies through proper inventory planning actions (safety stock/order point policies).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Establishes system forecasting and inventory settings for assigned parts and material to ensure availability and efficient use of resources.
• As necessary, reviews, approves, and adjusts system recommended replenishment procurements.
• Manages inventory across the Amtrak maintenance network to optimize distribution plans and identify operational improvements.
• Evaluates and resolves excess and insufficient inventory situations.
• Works closely with the buyers and customers to effectively plan inventory requirements, update and approve bills of material, and improve efficiency.
• Works closely with the buyers to select best method to procure needed material and manage vendor performance.
• Manages the return, repair, and re-stocking of components including those repaired by vendors and warranty returns to vendors.
• Leverages best practices and makes decisions based on the best interests of the internal customers.
• Implements supply chain processes that reduce total cost of ownership.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Experience in repair and return/reverse logistics policies and procedures.
• Proven experience in supply chain management/inventory planning and analysis using safety stock and min/max planning concepts.
• Experience in a matrix environment and experience promoting a safe workplace.
• Prior satisfactory job performance.
• Expert in Microsoft Excel (IF-Then, VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, and Project
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and quickly make sound decisions.
• Articulate and well-spoken.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Some experience in inventory management, distribution, and logistics.
• Demonstrated potential to fill a supervisory role.
• Knowledge and experience with SAP.
• APICS Certification (CPIM).
• Experience in managing material in a maintenance environment including component repair cycles.
• Experience with vendor managed inventory, consignment inventory, and sales and operations planning processes.
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
MBA and certified courses in Operations Management (i.e. Production, Procurement, Inventory Control, Planning, Scheduling, APICS, Six Sigma).
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24842
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Supply Chain & Logistics || No Additional