Revenue Solutions, Inc. Staff/Senior Accountant in Pembroke, Massachusetts
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State, Local and Provincial agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• Small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• Ability to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest consultants and technologists in the industry
• Close-knit team environment with personalized career attention including a variety of training options and a formal mentoring program
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.*** RSI is an equal opportunity employer ***
RSI is currently seeking a Staff/Senior Accountant to be responsible for the daily accounting of project financial information. The primary focus of the position is the support of project managers through financial accounting and reporting however, the position also supports the corporate accounting function. Reporting responsibilities include the accounting and reporting of project financial data to ensure that transactions are properly coded and reported in the appropriate financial report. Corporate accounting responsibilities include general ledger account reconciliations.
This position is based in RSI's corporate headquarters in Pembroke, MA.
Specific job responsibilities will include regular financial reporting from the system and overseeing all aspects of general ledger accounting for both our US and Canadian subsidiaries, year-end close/audit and tax returns as well as quarterly bank reporting. Our Staff/Senior Accountant position may be responsible for:
• Maintaining financials for Canadian subsidiary
• Producing consolidated financials for quarterly reporting
• Maintaining project financials
• Working with project managers to ensure financial accuracy
• Leading monthly closes and review other parts of the close for accuracy
• Analyzing and recording revenues
• Reconciling balance sheet accounts
• Recording month end journal entries
• Assisting in preparing schedules for the annual audit and tax return preparation
• Assisting with ad hoc requests as necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience (GL Reconciliations, Financial Reporting, A/R & A/P)
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast paced team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a focus on customer service
• Flexible to assist with additional tasks as needed
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• CPA or currently in progress
• Public/private accounting mix strongly desired
• Project Accounting
• Accounting systems experience strongly preferred (experience with NetSuite/OpenAir is a plus)
• Reporting systems experience such as FRx and Crystal
• Experience working in a virtual office environment
• Experience working with all levels of staff, including executive management