Revenue Solutions, Inc. Junior Staff Accountant in Pembroke, Massachusetts
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Junior Staff Accountant
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State, Local and Provincial agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• Small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• Ability to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest consultants and technologists in the industry
• Close-knit team environment with personalized career attention including a variety of training options and a formal mentoring program
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.*** RSI is an equal opportunity employer ***
Revenue Solutions, Inc. is searching for a Junior Staff Accountant to join our accounting team in our corporate office in Pembroke, MA. This role primarily consists of three components: AP/AR, Month End Close, and Project Financials. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Code and enter A/P invoices
• Distribute A/P invoices to appropriate employee/departments for approval
• Prepare weekly check run
• Respond to vendor questions timely and professionally, including researching as appropriate
• A/R Invoice Processing
• Assist in audit and tax return preparation and support
• Responsible for reconciling Subcontractor Time & Expense data
Month End Close
• Assist the Senior Accountant with month end close procedures for both US and Canadian subsidiaries
• Prepare cash reconciliations, prepaid expense support, and accrued expense support
• Responsible for recording and maintaining fixed assets
• Assist in maintaining project financials, respond to requests when appropriate
• Update project actuals on a monthly basis
• Additional ad hoc projects as necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Associate or bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 0-5 years of work experience
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Experience with a General Ledger system
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a focus on customer service
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast paced team environment
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Experience with NetSuite/OpenAir is a plus
• Project Accounting
• Experience working in a virtual office environment
• Experience working with all levels of staff