USM, An EMCOR Company Quality Assurance Specialist in Palo Alto, California
About Us:EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Summary: EMCOR Facility Services (EFS) provides full spectrum facility services to public and private sectors of nearly every market. Managing more than 1 billion square feet worldwide, our people have the optimal blend of capabilities and technical expertise to help clients achieve the highest levels of performance. EFS is anticipating significant growth in the California region and is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to lead our quality assurance program for our California based portfolio. The QA Specialist will provide this support to over 100 operating locations with a geographic area of nearly 400 miles. Headquarters for this program will be based in northern California. Travel of up to 50% can be expected.
The EMCOR Group is an ISO-9000 certified organization and the successful candidate will leverage this culture and capability to enhance our customer’s service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the EMCOR Facility Services Program Manager, providing QA technical and programmatic support to ensure quality control program requirements are being met
- Works with EMCOR corporate to augment QA capabilities as needed
- Establishes facility QA strategies, policies, and plans designed to ensure the highest level of quality in accordance with ISO-9000, EMCOR policies, and customer requirements.
- Develops and implements customer tailored Quality Assurance policies, plans and procedures that align with the EMCOR management model and the customer's objectives
- Evaluates changes to operations and maintenance procedures to ensure that new procedures and/or modified procedures comply with quality standards
- Develop and implement a quality audit program designed to verify plans, processes and procedures are being followed and are effective in meeting quality
- Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues, that may indicate an underlying degrading quality trend
- Maintain records in compliance with corporate policy and customer requirements
- Prepares reports documenting quality issues, conditions and remediation actions taken to ensure SHE standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Evaluates vendors and their products to ensure new vendors meet quality standards and works with Supply Chain Management to find new vendors as appropriate
- Supports the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quality related field with five or more years’ experience in multi-site medical facility environment providing tailored quality assurance support
- Successful candidate must have a proven track record in quality assurance program implementation and management
- Broad based knowledge and experience in facility operations and maintenance, facility systems sustainment, and facility/systems technologies is desired
- Must have solid verbal and written reporting experience
- Outstanding team working skills are required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Date Posted: 10/22/2015
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1417096813