California State University San Bernardino Administrative Support Coordinator I / Career Center, Palm Desert Campus in Palm Desert, California
Employment Status:** Full-time, probationary "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with adjusted summer schedule). Some evenings and weekend work may be required to support events and Career Center activities.
*First Review Deadline: * This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 27, 2016.
*About the Palm Desert Campus and Career Center: *
The Palm Desert Campus offers the supportive environment of a small campus with small classes and more opportunities for contact with instructional faculty. The faculty and staff of the Palm Desert Campus are committed to serving the Coachella Valley and maintaining an environment on campus that honors diversity and provides all students the opportunities to fulfill their dreams of a higher education.
The mission of the Career Center is to support the career readiness of all students and alumni by providing advising, assessment, workshops, career events, employer networking opportunities, internships and job opportunities that result in the establishment or advancement of personalized career goals.Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Current employees would be given preferred consideration.
- This position coordinates the administrative duties for the Career Center at the Palm Desert Campus under the general direction of the Director and with the lead work direction of the PDC Career Services Advisor.
- The incumbent provides direct services to clients, faculty, staff and employers/internship sites in support of the Career Center at PDC. Performs reception duties, including greeting and answering inquiries from clients (not limited to in person, phone and email), data entry, handles all routine correspondence, screens mail, organizes and maintains files, operates all technical software and on-campus computer program necessary to performing job functions including client tracking, completing registrations and email listserves. Assists in the training and oversee the student workers.
- The incumbent provides direct support to Career Center staff at PDC and coordinate with SB staff. Provides direct service to staff, schedules appointments, prepares drafts and reports, maintains calendars and takes meeting minutes.
- Plans, coordinates and implements Career Center fairs, employer visits and other special events at PDC. Handles employer registrations. Arranges for space, catering, parking signs, sponsors, setting up informational tables, scheduling on-campus interviews, facilitates employer and student interaction through database, coordinates tailoring of marketing materials for PDC events with SB staff and coordinates distribution of materials and other related activities. In collaboration with the PDC Career Services Counselor, sets target goals for employer and client attendance for major events.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for the administrative tasks related to internship support for the Career Center at PDC and coordinates activities with SB staff.
- Assists in review and evaluation of internship postings for PDC. Corresponds with internship sites to gather more information. Collaborates with SB staff to review PDC candidates for the Career Center Internship Scholarship (CCIS) and other available internships to determine if funding criteria are met. Processes paperwork and communicates with PDC applicants regarding the status of their applicants, post-evaluations and all documents for funded interns.
- Collaborate with SB staff to tailor email templates and follow the communication calendar for external internship newsletters and flyers. Assists the PDC Career Counselor and SB staff with tracking of PDC. Student Placement Agreement documents Assists in the data management and evaluation of internships using software.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for the administrative tasks related to employer relations for the Career Center at PDC.
- Assists the PDC Career Services Advisor and collaborate with SB staff to review and evaluate job postings. Corresponds with employers to gather more information. Notifies students that have applied for a position posted by a non-legitimate employer.
- Carries out interoffice duties as assigned. These may include, but are not limited to, cashiering (including responsibility for petty cash), office organization and attendance at a variety of departmental meetings, trainings and events which, at times, travel to the San Bernardino campus.
- Engages in on- and off-campus professional development in line with an annual professional development plan. Contributes to the overall success of career services by performing other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Ability to:
Use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also required.
- Use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects;
- Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist,
- Draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Work with a diverse group of people and establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group. *Education and Experience: *Equivalent to a high school diploma combined with at least three (3) years of related clerical and/or administrative work experience. Completion of relevant college-level courses and work experience in an educational institution or public agency is highly desirable. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00548
Department: Student Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $34,152.00 - $55,428.00 Annually
Location: Palm Desert, CA