HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Records Rep in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Contributes to the company’s mission, vision, and values by maintaining facility’s medical records and ensuring completeness and accuracy of files.
*SUPERVISOR: * Business Office Manager/ Medical Records Coordinator
*DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: *
· Performs collection, processing, filing, maintenance, storage, retrieval, and distribution of medical records according to facility policies and procedures.
· Collects and files in medical record all laboratory, pathology, electrocardiogram, and x-ray reports received prior to/post surgery.
· Handles collection, response, and final filing in medical record of all appropriate correspondence.
· Arranges all chart forms, correspondence reports (e.g., operative, lab, electrocardiogram, x-ray, pathology, etc.) in appropriate order per facility policy/procedures.
· Maintains and controls the release of information to authorized persons only.
· Adheres to medico-legal requirements when answering correspondence and inquiries.
· Marks and obtains all necessary signatures to complete chart, including contacting physicians’ offices regarding necessary signatures/reports.
· Obtains all missing chart contents needed to complete medical record.
· Adheres to established procedures for cross-referencing and indexing medical records.
· Develops and maintains an organized storage system for timely retrieval of individual medical records.
· Institutes and maintains a check-out and return system for medical records.
· Maintains confidentiality, security, and physical safety of facility medical records.
· Arranges for confidential, safe off-site storing/microfilming of medical records per facility policies/procedures, if applicable.
· Arranges for appropriate disposal of medical records per facility policies/procedures, if applicable.
· Services as liaison between surgery center and transcription company, as per facility practice.
· Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities as required.
· Answers telephone and performs other miscellaneous office/clerical duties as needed.
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS: · Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures. · Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
· Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
· Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Organization– Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
· Communication– Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
· Analytical Skills– Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
· Customer Orientation– Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
· Decision Making– Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Contributing to Team Success–**Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Policies & Procedures– Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
· PC Skills– Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
· Technical Skills– Basic medical terminology.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
Title: Medical Records Rep
Location: Florida-Palm Beach Gardens-North County Surgicenter
Requisition ID: 07294-3353