Nice Pak Strategic Sourcing Manager, 3PM in Orangeburg, New York
Strategic Sourcing Manager, 3PM
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
Professional Disposables International, Inc. (PDI), similarly develops, manufacturers and markets pre-moistened products, focusing on the healthcare and industrial markets with surface disinfection and skin antiseptic products.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
Reporting to the Director Procurement, 3PM and Chemicals, develop and lead the execution of NP/PDI’s 3rd Party Manufacturing (3PM) strategy in alignment with the overall corporate manufacturing strategy. The position will support NP/PDI’s business strategy
while meeting or exceeding the Procurement organizational performance goals related to Total Procured Value (TPV) including: total cost of ownership, supply surety/risk, net working capital, and partnered innovation / business growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Develop and lead the implementation of NP/PDI’s 3PM sourcing and risk mitigation strategies, negotiate contracts, support new product, market and business development and drive supplier performance, continuous improvement, and innovation.
Category spend management – 3PM Procurement:
• Develop and lead the execution of the category plan and sourcing strategies (including risk mitigation plans) for 3PM material groups.
• Support the creation and roll out of a formal, enterprise wide manufacturing optimization initiative, leveraging 3PM
• Manage requests for information, quotations, proposals, and bidding processes. negotiate commercial terms, execute and manage supply contracts
• Drive supplier performance improvement in partnership with the Supplier Quality Team and maintain vendor scorecards
• Continuously monitor relevant commodity market conditions, trends, and activities
Provide procurement support to all basic business activities:
• Source new products and new vendors in support of business strategy
• Support Market and Business Development’s due diligence initiatives
• Drive supplier continuous improvement and supplier enabled innovation
• Accountable for Procurement support for new product / vendor developments & launches
• Conduct ‘make versus buy’ and ‘scenario’ analyses to support optimal and timely business decisions
• Procurement subject matter expert for 3PM across NP/PDI
• Work cross functionally to deliver Procurement cost savings and risk mitigation projects
• Lead vendor / item transitions
• Continuously manage procurement elements of BPCS (ERP system)
• Collaborate with SO&P to optimize inventories while ensuring timely supply
Supplier Development and Relationship Management:
• Directly interface with current and potential suppliers to maximize ‘Total Procured Value’ from 3PM supplier base
• Source new vendors in support of business strategy and support vendor qualifications
• Build and maintain supplier partnerships
• Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies and mitigate risk
Periodic reporting and tracking of Procurement metrics:
a. Manage and provide PPV analysis
b. Quarterly Reports
c. Create, manage and report on 3PM Dashboard
Cost Out Metrics
Supplier Innovation / Growth Metrics
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: • Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, or a related technical field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: • Strategic and operational procurement
• Category spend management
• Supply contract management
• Consumer finished goods market
• Pharmaceutical and device manufacturing
• Procurement related financial & quantitative analysis
• Supply risk mitigation & management
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • 5+ years procurement experience, to include strategic sourcing and cross-functional project management, preferably in 3PM and for consumer packaged goods and/or pharmaceuticals
SKILLS/ABILITIES: • Strong working knowledge of strategic & operational procurement principles, theories and processes
• Proven ability to lead multiple, often complex projects concurrently and deliver agreed upon results in timely fashion
• Excellent sourcing skills
• Strong facilitation skills with a proven ability to influence and motivate others
• Strong supplier development & relationship management skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Self-directed, with an entrepreneurial & proactive approach and a passion for procurement
• Proficiency in mid-size ERP system (BPCS preferred)
CORPORATE OFFICE Predominately office environment, occasional manufacturing plant visits. Up to 25% domestic and international travel required.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or
others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.