Autodesk DevOps Engineer in Ontario, Canada
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries - including the last 15 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects - use Autodesk software to design, visualize and simulate their ideas. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software for global markets.
An exciting new opportunity has opened for a DevOps Engineer within Autodesk Cloud Solutions.
The successful candidate will wear many hats: first responder, configuration management developer, system architect, capacity planner, and monitoring expert. Superlative technical and communication skills are required for you to be successful within this role. A "best practices", common sense approach to a global DevOps Engineer role should be demonstrated in previous work experiences and considered second nature to the applicant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and scale hosting solutions for a highly dynamic SaaS based web applications with Amazon Web Services.
- Install, secure, monitor, manage, and maintain Linux servers in a global environment.
- Ensure Linux and Cloud standards, processes, procedures, and best practices are efficient, effective, and documented.
- Use modern administration tools like Chef and AWS Cloudformation to manage and deploy to a vast army of virtual machines.
- Work with development, quality assurance and documentation teams during the product development cycle to ensure quality control.
- Automate processes were possible and create new technologies when needed.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience administering Linux in development and production environments.
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web servers, application servers, and database servers.
- Understanding of the Java Run-time Environment including memory utilization, performance monitoring, analyzing heap dumps and stack traces and general troubleshooting.
- Experience with Java application deployment, clustering, application rollout, and familiarity with J2EE concepts.
- Configuration management experience with Chef or similar systems.
- Well versed in Apache HTTP Server and Tomcat.
- Solid understanding of shell scripting, processes and threads, SSH, cron and other UNIX fundamentals.
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Disaster recovery planning and experience with high availability systems.
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; Computer Science preferred.
Did you know? We're moving to MaRS building: https://www.marsdd.com/media-centre/autodesk-is-moving-to-mars/
Title: DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: 16WD21765