Catholic Charities of Omaha Overnight Specialist in Omaha, Nebraska
*General Summary: * Maintains a safe environment and general shelter responsibility during the overnight hours for women and children experiencing domestic abuse who are receiving emergency supportive services. Assist and provide support for clients in meeting their immediate needs in a healthy and safe manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer Crisis Hotline and log all calls.
- Screen potential clients and make referrals as appropriate.
- Provide emergency client pickups and client transportation.
- Completes documentation and client status updates.
*Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Catholic Charities’ mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Charities Compliance Program requirements including – but not limited to – the Code of Ethics, the Compliance Policy, all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to convey empathy.
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic office skills, e.g. answering telephone, typing/computer work, accurate documentation.
- Ability to show sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ability to work alone – independently.
Work Experience and Education:
- Previous experience in a residential setting is beneficial.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certifications, and other Designations:
- CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first 60 days of employment.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and Insurability.
- Position functions in a residential setting with women and children seeking emergency shelter from domestic abuse.
- During the hours of 11:30pm – 6:00am sleeping is acceptable, provided all clients’ needs have been met.
- Some travel required within city limits.
Requisition Number: 16-0185
Post Date: 10/12/2016
Title: Overnight Specialist
Employment: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 24 (.6 FTE)
Schedule Comments: Friday and Saturday: 7pm-7am