Catholic Charities of Omaha Family Strengthening Coordinator in Omaha, Nebraska
General Summary:The Family Strengthening Coordinator is responsible for working with low-income families to develop and complete training and service/goal plans in order to help those families gain economic self-sufficiency. This position is responsible for the development and oversight of self-sufficiency programs to maximize participant preparedness for poverty reducing opportunities. The position is also responsible for coordinating the Christmas assistance program and providing client support to the Latina Resource Center services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, coordinate, facilitate and implement all programming and special activities that support poverty reducing efforts and increase self-sufficiency for clients including consistent, effective, and timely communications.
- Recruit program participants maintaining the required case load, conducting routine client evaluations, and maintaining monthly reports and case files.
- Coordinate referrals to community resources connecting clients to needed services tracking participant outcomes.
- Client Relations/Partnerships:
- Recruit and manage volunteer presentors/tutors that support program participants and further their goals
- Maintains working positive relationships with related groups and other community agencies as well as attending networking meetings etc as they become available
- Responsible for the program data collection and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) reporting. Responsible for data collection and reporting for funding sources (e.g. United Way).
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish with both written and verbal proficiency and cultural competency required for some programs;
- Strong knowledge of community resources;
- Strong understanding of multicultural issues and ability to work effectively disadvantaged clients
- Strong knowledge of the Latino Culture required for some programs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Experience creating family/individual service plans addressing a wide range of issues for low-income populations is essential;
- Ability to work well in stressful situations with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Must be able to function as a team member to enhance program services;
- Must handle confidential information and data in a discreet manner;
- Good written and oral communication skills including grant writing;
- Computer skills; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
- Self-starter; Positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
Required of all positions:
- Knowledge of Catholic Charities’ mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Charities Compliance Program requirements including – but not limited to – the Code of Ethics, the Compliance Policy, all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- 1-2 years' experience in a comprehensive program providing service coordination that serves low income families.
- Minimum of 1 year working with new immigrant Latino community required for some programs.
- 2 year college degree (required)
- 4 year college degree (preferred)
Requisition Number: 16-0178
Post Date: 9/8/2016
Title: Family Strengthening Coordinator
Employment: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40 (1.0 FTE)
Schedule Comments: General schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with some flexibility in order to work some weekday evenings and some weekend days (Saturday or Sunday), especially during Christmas season.