Chesapeake Energy Corporation Lead Cook in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This position is considered a lead cook and is responsible for the daily preparation of a variety of food under general supervision. Will receive and properly store food supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas. Records temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers daily and reports improper temperatures to supervisor.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and ensures food preparation area and related utensils and equipment are clean prior to handling any food items.
- Receives and properly stores food supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Maintains records of received food supplies. May assist with ordering food and food supplies as directed.
- Evaluates the freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items and rotating stock.
- Weighs, measures and mixes ingredients for various menu items as directed and according to specific recipes designed for assigned restaurant.
- Cuts and prepares various meats according to instructions and specific recipes assigned.
- Assists other cooks with food preparation during rush periods and/or as requested.
- Attends weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Follows proper kitchen and restaurant safety and sanitization techniques and guidelines.
- Maintains high personal hygiene standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of professional cooking utensils and knife handling skills
- Knowledge of cooking concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to properly follow recipes and supervisor directions.
- Understands and can discuss job techniques, terminology, concepts, principles and issues related to the job.
- Ability to work independently on routine tasks.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Culinary training licenses of certification preferred.
- 2-5+ years of related work experience required.
- Sushi experience preferred.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma