Chesapeake Energy Corporation HR Analyst II - Data Management in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This position is responsible for applying professional human resources knowledge and experience to a variety of work activities, under limited supervision. Provides strategic analysis, evaluation, and implementation of HR policies, procedures, programs, and HRIS systems to enable business strategies and enhance overall organizational functioning.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as an internal consultant to management to address human resources issues and concerns, recommending strategy and effective solutions that enable business operations.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, analyzing and evaluating HR policies and programs and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Provides strategic analysis and recommendations to management on HR policy, program, and system design and implementation.
- Researches and analyzes best practices to ensure competitive programs and compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of business clients in order to provide effective HR support and solutions.
- Leads the planning and technical aspects of HR projects utilizing project management methodology.
- Analyzes complex statistical data and reports to identify root cause, provide recommendations, and aid in strategic decision making at an intermediate skill level.
- Stays current on HR legislation, arbitration decisions, and other industry trends.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses.
- Shares knowledge and experience across HR teams to enhance department knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required.
Master’s degree from accredited university with Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR; CCP/CBP/GCCP/GCBP; CEP; CPLO preferred.
- 8+ years related work experience required.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data to ensure data integrity.
- Strong understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with HRMS execution.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as SAP/SuccessFactors.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills. Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects, testing, or implementation.
- Ability to write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Experience in providing reports to internal and external customers including state and federal agencies as required.
- Strong ability to report, audit, and analyze HR information.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Ability to raise issues proactively in a timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, procedures, and laws related to Human Resources.
- Recommend solutions to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with Human Resources standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data and information.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Excellent client management and business acumen skills.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Database, Manager, Law, ERP, HR, Technology, Management, Legal, Human Resources