Blackstone Consulting Project Manager in Oceanside, California
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Food Service
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Summary of Responsibilities:
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with Avery Group and Worley Enterprises to manage, plan, and oversee the operations of seven (7) food service facilities. The principal responsibilities of the Project Manager are to collaborate with management and employees in ensuring that the company provides Quality, Cleanliness, and Superior Food Services that meets and exceeds the contract requirements:
• Oversees accountability of Food Service Operations at all dining facilities and conduct weekly to daily site visits and audits. Produce and provide well organized reports of results.
• Communicates, coordinates, plans projects and operations with Vice President of Operations, Human Resources, managers, leads, clients and client management. Strong operations implementation and execution of desired results.
• Coordinates cooperation and support between dining facilities including cross-utilization of labor resources and management of RapidGate background checks, onboarding and staffing processes.
• Ensures compliance and Safety of employees use of Building, Equipment, Cleaning & Sanitation requirements.
• Works with management team and Vice President of Operations to develop successful operation plans, compliance monitoring, and excellent guest services.
• Physically inspects all dining facilities on a scheduled basis, in coordination with QCM inspection schedules.
• Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with the customer contract supervisor, Installation Food Advisor, and dining facility managers. Verbally and in writing, respond to client request for information and meetings in a timely manner.
• Maintains budget controls for inventory, supplies and equipment ordering, and labor cost.
• Prepares work schedules in accordance with contract requirements.
• Ensures that employees comply with all safety regulations in accordance with contract requirements. Perform monthly safety training.
• Provides all relevant training.
• Provides mid-year and annual performance reviews.
• Coaches, guide and praise well-executed results.
• Understands and complies with OSHA requirements, Labor requirements (union and Wage Determination), and employment law as it relates to managing the workforce.
• Complies with employee handbook, union agreement, policies and procedures, and payroll requirements. Corrects non-compliances. Administer and manage personnel processes and grievances with Human Resources.
• Complies with all HACCP standards.
• Manages the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
• Accountable and responsible for oversight of cash management and control operations.
• 5 years experience in managing food service operations including relevant experience of managing military locations. Within the past ten years, five years of experience within a large volume food service facility serving complete meals preferred.
• High School diploma/GED.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in business management, hospitality management, or equivalent preferred.
• ServSafe certification required. Must have solid work ethics.
• Good observation, reading and writing skills. Results oriented.
• Excellent communication and coordination skills.
• Excellent planning, organization, documentation, and implementation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal/people skills.
• Ability to be proactive and multitask in fast paced dining halls.
• Ability to interpret government contracts and make appropriate application.
• Ability to work at multiple units as assigned or as needed to include weekends and holidays.
• Commute/Travel: Driver s License Class C
Food Service/Quality Control management experience with a major or multi-facility culinary institution, a large institutional food service operation or the military. Demonstrated knowledge and competency in managing food services, labor, budget, and other resources.
Union Experience a plus.
Must be able to prepare employee schedules, work efficiently on computer, communicate with customers, express oneself with customers, vendors and employees. Exchange information, occasionally will assist with removing objects weighing up to 50 pounds from one location to another.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Walks, stands and moves about the kitchen and dining facility to ensure compliance with SOP
• Comprehend, hear, speak, smell, see, taste, communicate verbally, communicate written, read, use equipment, computer systems, Excel/Word Doc./PowerPoint
• Some bending and stooping
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine and computer printer.
Benefits for eligible employees include: vacation, holidays, sick, medical/dental, training, mileage reimbursement
Apply Today: http://averygroup.balancetrak.com
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: employer does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.