BlackBerry Corporation Field Application Engineer in Novi, Michigan
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
Purpose of Job: The BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS) Sales team is looking for a technically astute, and customer savvy Field Application Engineer in Novi, MI to work with our successful regional sales team to act as a technical consultative resource and solution architect to help engage and close business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical, consultative, pre-sales support to the Sales team including analyzing customer design requirements, in offering feasibility/ scope assessments to customer requests and other activities as required
- Manages customer’s technical requirements (through various support and engineering departments) through development phase to commercial release
- Maintains on-going customer (technical staff) relations with active customers to encourage, monitor new development projects and appropriate upgrades
- Perform pre-sales software development work (demos, benchmarking, high-level customer design assistance, initial environment set-up, as on occasion may be asked to participate in select development relating to customer specific needs, etc.)
- Deliver technical presentations to customers and represent QNX at regional trade shows and speaking engagements or in concert with our large customers
- Act as a liaison between customer and QNX Software Systems engineering and engineering service departments
- Develop and maintain a technical knowledge base of competitive intelligence where applicable and create sales tools to help present our product feature and benefits in the most competitive light
- Provide input to Business Development and Sales on technical requirements to better ensure customer satisfaction
Education and Experience:
- 3 + years of sales support experience in technology software sales within the given region
- 3 + years of embedded software development, design and architecture experience with a focus on embedded system development, real-time programming, or similar low level programming with C, Assembly or C++
- University or college education with a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent program
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
- Automotive/Telematics Vertical market experience
- Technical experience in RTOS sales solutions from competitive providers such as Wind River System, Green Hills or similar vendors would be deemed an asset
- Broad general knowledge of the high-tech industry.
- Through knowledge and on-going awareness of current marketing concepts and practices.
- Skills in general and strategic business management, innovative and visionary planning, analyzing and decision making, effective leadership, communications and customer relations skills.
Job Family Group Name: Sales
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled