Serco Financial Analyst II (STARS-FL) - Norfolk, VA in Norfolk, Virginia
Financial Analyst II (STARS-FL) - Norfolk, VANorfolk, VA, US
Job Description Conduct financial analysis projects (e.g., capital versus expense, ROI, resource allocations, budget preparation, etc.) and special statistical studies as well as cash flow projections. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Provide technical expertise necessary to assess the integrity and accuracy of official financial records, resolve anomalies, provide a full rang e of analytical services to all levels of financial, program and administrative managers. Participate in all execution and formulation tasks related to large Navy HQ at an enterprise level. Interpret accounting records and provide resolutions to accounting anomalies and issues. Perform accounting adjustments to the required accounts in the applicable system. Track trends, develop metrics and analyze funding execution and controls. Perform analytical research for Undelivered Orders (Obligations) and Expenditures: Compile figures, maintain records, and perform other procedural work to identify and summarize the accounting transactions. Analyze accounting data, and examine detail accounts. Perform reconciliation of account balances to control totals by comparing account balances with related data to assure agreement; reviewing records and source documents to identify the sources of discrepancies s; and determining the entries required to bring the accounts into balance.
Required Skills - Active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong experience working with STARS-FL. .
- Possess understanding of Department of Defense Financial Management Programs, Funds Flow, Financial Policies, and the Navy Financial Infrastructure.
- Ability to perform analysis on a wide variety of contracts and invoices organizing data across accounts using a number of automated financial systems and spreadsheets.
- Ability to generate funding documents, the input of commitments and obligations into the official accounting system, and tracking documents over the accounting lifecycle.
- Ability to interpret accounting reports, perform obligation validation on accounts, and make appropriate entries into multiple accounts management systems as required.
- Ability to resolve suspense transactions and overdue, unpaid invoices not reconciled with obligations recorded in the official accounting records
- Ability to verify the accuracy and completeness of the accounting data posted to the general ledgers and the subsidiary ledgers. Determine the classification of the transactions (obligation or expenditure).
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52166299
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Other
Department Our services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement. And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.