MUFG Union Bank Electronic Banking Representative III, Specialist - Transaction Banking in Norcross, Georgia
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Electronic Banking Rep is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of ACH Direct Deposit, Pre-arranged Payment files, Federal Recurring files and Corporate Tax Payments. It includes a high level of incoming/outgoing customer service calls to/and from Corporate, Individual and Department User clients. This position will perform complex duties associated with one unit and some routine duties of another unit i.e. customer service or operations. General supervision and instruction is available. Decision making and problem solving ability is higher to resolve the most complex problems in one function. Act as a source of knowledge for department policies and procedures. May assist in the training of junior level employees on most routine department functions.
• Provide accurate response to ACH, Insta-Tax, and EDI inquiries from Corporate and Consumer Clients, Department Users, and Financial Institutions.
• Research basic issues related to transactions and systems.
• Handles more complex client calls independently.
• Possess ability to recognize, research, and evaluate cases that require escalation to management and/or filing of a Questionable Activity Report.
• Can file QARs as per Bank Policy.
• Obtain necessary regulatory certifications, as mandated by Bank policy, including but not limited to BSA/AML, Privacy, and Elder Abuse Certifications.
• Research and resolve Federal Recurring Reclamations.
• Work with Federal Agencies as required.
• Research and resolve ACH, Insta-Tax, EDI exception items such as rejects, returns, and deletes/reversals.
• Research and resolve Regulation E Claims of Error.
• Process ACH Client Worksheets and Risk Worksheets.
• Process and/or verify InstaTax applications for new set-up and changes.
• Research and resolve all Risk Limit Exceptions Process all incoming and outgoing electronic data transmissions for ACH and EDI systems in a timely manner.
• Notify Corporate Client of identified technical problems or determine reason for delay regarding client files that are sent off schedule.
• Validate and balance receiving and origination files for all ACH/ EFT items.
• Process Bank by Phone research and return requests.
• Complete and process general ledger request within established timeframes.
• Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and 2 or more years of direct technical experience and/or demonstrated ability to perform the most complex duties.
• Relevant industry knowledge/experience desired.
• Must have strong analytical and organizational skills and be capable of multi-tasking.
• Excellent customer service skills required and the ability to work collaboratively with a team are a must.
• Ability to research, analyze and articulate resolutions for service related disruptions and initiate corrective action when needed.
• Strong personal computer skills and proficiency and ability to process transactions to meet deadlines and service level expectations in a high volume environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high level of initiative, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Title: Electronic Banking Representative III, Specialist - Transaction Banking
Requisition ID: 10009883-WD