HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Technician (PRN) in Niceville, Florida
TheSterile Processing Techperforms decontamination and processing of supplies and instrumentation, wrapping, packaging, and sterilizing supplies and instrumentation that is utilized in surgery and throughout the facility. Follows policies and procedures of Twin Cities Hospital. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to TCH standards of behavior.The Sterile Processing Tech will have a heavy workload - exert up to 100 lbs occasionally, and/or 50 lbs frequently, and/or 20 lbs constantly. Manages stress appropriately and can make decisions under pressure, handle multiple priorities and work in areas that are exposed to chemicals, detergents, blood or body fluids as well as high pitched noises. The minimum requirements of this position require the individual to have good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination, work with standing, lifting, walking, twisting at waist, talking, and repetitive motions/movement. Must be available for calls as assigned.This role will only work PRN (or as-needed) to cover vacations and peak times within the Sterile Processing department.
- High School education or GED required.
- BLS is required.
- Certification in Sterile Processing preferred.
- Training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Vocational or Technical Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience is preferred.
- Organizational and communication skills are required. Ability to follow verbal instruction, read and comprehend written instructions is required.
Title: Central Sterile Technician (PRN)
Location: Florida-Niceville-Twin Cities Hospital
Requisition ID: 00164-1078