CBRE Sr. Field Support Technician - Security Integration in New York, New York
Sr. Field Support Technician - Security Integration
New York, New York, United States at http://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/12171/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Requisition # 16026652
Oversees the daily operations for a specified region including software, hardware, tape backups, phone administration, and the local area network. Provides level II & III end-user support for software and hardware issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Administer, configure, maintain and ensure the 24/7 functionality of the 2 Broadway ESS.
· Participate in implementation of major ESS projects such as upgrades, migrations and integration of the ESS.
Providefor the on-site maintenance, adjustments and repairs ofthe ESS - (VideoManagement System, Intrusion Detection Systems, Access ControlSystems, computer equipment & misc. sensors)
Mustindependently operate, maintain, configure, inspect, diagnose, and performsoftware and hardware repairs of the ESS and be capable of takingimmediate action to resolve malfunctions.
Troubleshootnetwork & security related problems and adhere to MTA IT network &security policies and procedures.
Worksvery closely with MTA IT divisions to resolve IT related problems.
Maintainrecords associated with systems’ maintenance.
Provide SystemsAdministration duties on the ESS to include but not limited to: Managingand administering the Lenel Region, Cardholder data, Configuring devicessuch as cameras, readers, sensors, etc.…
FollowsMTA ESS Standards and participates in respective committees who maintainstandards, systems and operations of the ESS.
Worksvery closely with all supporting staff to ensure the ESS is operatingefficiently.
The ESSAdministrator shall be on duty during standard business hours, Monday thru Friday, or at times directed by their Manager, except for MTA holidays and vacation time. The Position requires the individual to be On call 24/7 with a four hour response time to provide onsite and/or remote service and minor emergency maintenance as required.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate shall have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in electronic security systems and minimum 5 years’ experience working in an IT department
· Minimum BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Management or other IT related field.
5years’ experience in a System Administrator capacitysupporting Lenel OnGuard Access Control within an Enterprise environmentincluding multiple Regional Servers.
5years’ experience in a System Administrator capacity supporting EnterpriseONSSI Video Management Systems.
Handson experienced configuring and troubleshooting edge devices such as Cameras,Lenel Panels, Lenel Readers interface modules, HID proximity readers, HIDiClass readers and Misc. intrusion detection sensors.
Demonstratedexperience with Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Windows Server2008/2012 and VMWARE.
· Must have a working knowledge of networking concepts and be able to provide basic network troubleshooting and support.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and instructional abilities.
· Must be familiar with Project Management, IT Security concepts and polices as well as a working knowledge of D/R and Backup technologies.
· Adaptive to new responsibilities; ability to multitask, perform under pressure and is detail oriented.
· Desire to learn and acquire newly developed industry standard certificates/recognition.
· Valid New York State DMV License
· Ability to travel as required.
· Certifications for Lenel, ONSSI, Active Directory and Pivot3 are highly desirable however other certifications or comparable experience in the physical security market will be considered.
· Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications with an emphasis on Visio.
· Proven ability to create and distribute server and workstation images using Ghost and/or Acronis
· Maintain a professional image at all times.
· Adhere to MTA and contractor standards of dress and appearance unless otherwise directed.
· Present a highly professional demeanor in performing briefings or conducting training
· Be customer service oriented, courteous and collegial.
· Adhere to MTA and contractor guidelines for personal behavior.
Essential duties and the work environment require the following physical skills, abilities and availability:
· Ability to sit for extended periods & frequently stand, walk, stoop, and kneel.
· Ability to walk, climb scaffolding, and ladders.
· Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work outside in various types of weather
· May be required to be available for evening, overnight and weekend work.
This position is subject to a comprehensive background screen, with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org mailto: email@example.com or via telephone1-866-388-4346.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca