MUFG Union Bank Credit Risk, Vice President in New York, New York
Credit Risk, Vice President
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Active portfolio management of designated customers
• Responsible for the management of a portfolio.
• Perform due diligence and regularly scheduled reviews.
• Analyze credit risk of the designated portfolio, determine accurate ratings and make recommendations of accurate and timely ratings to management.
• Prepare detailed credit analysis, evaluating the Securitization’s various risks and recommending extensions of credit to management.
• Coordinate and communicate critical account information independently and directly to various related parties throughout the bank, business line, product groups and credit divisions.
• Identify structural risks and mitigates in prospective transactions and recommend/enhance structuring of deals and covenant in line with policies and procedures.
• Advises account officers on credit risk issues/terms and conditions to create a best possible deal with a goal of maximizing profit and minimizing credit cost.
• Directly and independently communicate with other credit divisions to obtain necessary information/comments to support making a credit decision.
• Ensure compliance with external regulatory/internal policy and procedural requirements.
•Participate in ad-hoc policy meetings to enhance organization wide credit risk framework.
Enhancement of Analytical Skills
• Study, develop and enhance analytical skills of the team through close communication.
• In-depth knowledge of all elements of credit and risk principles.
• Capability to independently handle complex transactions, sensitive borrowers.
• Previous extensive working experience in financial institutions, preferably 7 years in credit and risk related function with 3 years of line experience or equivalent.
• 5 years of Securitization experience/knowledge.
• Thorough knowledge of legal and compliance regulations pertinent to lending.
• Strong knowledge covering accounting rule, finance, and regulation.
• Good time-management/organizational skill.
*/ We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Risk & Compliance
Title: Credit Risk, Vice President
Location: NEW YORK-New York
Requisition ID: 10010013-WD