Ally Financial Corporate Finance Summer Analyst in New York, New York
Commercial Lending & Operations
Oct 5, 2016
The Summer Analyst will spend 8-12 weeks in a training position learning various areas and responsibilities within a specified team.
Possible placement and responsibilities include:
- Regional Team
- In this assignment the Analyst will spend time working with the regional teams assisting portfolio managers and underwriters in their daily job responsibilities as well as assisting any of the CF teams with special projects as follows:
- Spread financial statements.
- Model cash flow
- Update trend cards
- Perform trend and industry analysis using relevant financial ratios
- Special Projects and assist in the preparation of Power Point presentations
- Loan Administration
- In this assignment the Analyst will support the Loan Administration function by assisting the Quality Control (QC) function with new loan --setup and modification procedures, targeted testing to ensure data integrity, and ad-hoc special projects within Corporate Finance (CF). Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the loan administration manager with quality control procedures performed on new loans and loan modifications.
- Perform self- compliance review of the electronic credit file ensuring files are maintained in accordance with CF Policy and Procedures
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the loan approval tracking data base
Special projects and ad-hoc requests as required by loan administration and other CF departments
- Completion of a minimum of three years of college leading toward a BA or BS degree in either finance or accounting
- Must have completed at least one financial analysis course or the equivalent of intermediate accounting
- Intermediate computer skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work across multiple teams
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Corporate Finance (CF) provides customized secured commercial loans to private-equity and/or venture capital backed companies based in North America. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. CF focuses on manufacturers, distributors/wholesalers, and service businesses but also has specialty lending teams that cover healthcare and technology businesses. We are headquartered in New York and have offices in major cities across the U.S.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6297
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: New York (New York)