Federal Reserve Bank Information Security Associate - Information Security - Technology Services Group in New York City, New York
Information Security New York (ISNY) is responsible for coordinating initiatives and providing services that ensure the adequate protection of the Bank's information assets in order to minimize the risks of monetary loss, productivity loss, and embarrassment.
This position is an opportunity to play a leading role in the continuing development and operation of the Bank’s incident response and investigations program. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for information security investigations and incidents that range from malware to insider threat activity. The position requires a blend of investigative, security and technical skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate personnel security incidents internal to the Bank
- Take a leading role in the development of the Bank’s incident response and investigations programs, from both the technical and process perspective
- Respond to security incidents and investigations affecting FRBNY computing assets and employees
- Enhance DLP and other security monitoring systems to better identify anomalous user behavior
- Develop content and generate reports using Splunk or related SEIM and/or analytic technologies
- Perform digital forensics, as needed for investigations
- Perform periodic reviews and adjustments of incident response/investigation policies and procedures (where appropriate) to ensure relevant activities are detected by internal monitoring processes
- Collaborate with Compliance, Human Resources, and Legal regularly as part of information security investigations
- Maintain need-to-know of investigations, as required to support Legal and Human Resources activities.
- Clearly and thoroughly document facts and circumstances of security incidents/investigations, such that senior management and other stakeholders can effectively follow the actions required or conclusions
Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Computer Forensics or a related discipline and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience leading security investigations and using that data to clearly describe the events that occurred.
- Experience developing personnel investigations and incident response programs.
Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearance; U.S. Citizenship
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Associate (ISC)2certified/qualified or ability to actively work towards obtaining certification
- SANS GIAC GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, or GNFA certification(s,) or demonstrated skills and ability to obtain certification
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE,) AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE,) and/or demonstrated skills in ability in EnCase, FTK, or similar forensic toolset
- Experience building and /or managing incident response programs
- Proven knowledge of cybersecurity, incident response, and investigation techniques through experience in intelligence, law, data breach and privacy, information security or digital forensics
- Experience with electronic communications surveillance and techniques and procedures
Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Information Security Associate - Information Security - Technology Services Group
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 248432