Federal Reserve Bank Compliance Analyst - Data Strategy - The Compliance Function – Legal Group in New York City, New York
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York (the "Bank") has a unique set of responsibilities that sets it apart from other financial institutions and even other Reserve Banks.
The Compliance Function promotes sound policies and programs designed to mitigate the Bank from risk arising from a failure to comply with applicable laws, regulation, codes of conduct, standards or sound industry practice and to protect the Bank's reputation.
- Assume the roles of strategist, innovator and designer for data analytics and business intelligence for the Compliance Function
- Support business strategic objectives as they relate to improving and maintaining data analytics capabilities and discipline within the Compliance Function.
- Perform hands-on data analysis using a variety of tools, ranging from writing SQL queries, leveraging reporting and business intelligence tools and techniques to perform advanced analytics
- Work directly with various customers in the Function and Bank to understand their business and help articulate requirements and architect solutions
- Inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science techniques in the Compliance Function and its customers where work intersects
- Work with members of the Function to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, workflows, best practices and other issues
- Develop and maintain the Function’s strategies for implementation of business intelligence and data analysis solutions
- Participate in the research and evaluation of alternative solutions and make recommendations consistent with stated requirements and priorities
- Provide detailed analysis, reports and dashboards to business areas to aid business stakeholder decision making
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to compliance initiatives, practices and tools.
Perform ad hoc analysis and assist on special projects.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in a data-intensive role
- One to five years’ experience in compliance, banking/finance, or investigations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science or a related discipline
- Experience performing data-driven business analysis in a business, rather than IT role
- Significant hands-on experience using business intelligence and analytics products
- Expertise in designing effective visualizations of analytics
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database modeling fundamentals
- Familiarity with database tuning and maintenance
- Strong familiarity with financial concepts and financial data
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels within technical and business
/ This position is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S.federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. /
/ The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Compliance Analyst - Data Strategy - The Compliance Function – Legal Group
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 248357