Amtrak Coach Cleaner - 90024198 - New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana
As a current employee you know Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. The safety of our passengers, our more than 20,000 colleagues, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of you.
By living the Amtrak values and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of train equipment in accordance with FDA and Amtrak Standards and guidelines.
• Perform cleaning assignments for train cars in accordance with FDA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Drain and flush waste tanks.
• Vacuum, mop, dust, sweep, wash walls and windows.
• Uses chemical cleaners, equipment and material in accordance with regulatory agencies and HAZCOM guidelines and procedures.
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• Experience in cleaning.
• Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job.
• Experience in commercial cleaning with OSHA approved cleaning compounds and tools preferred.
• Some computer skills preferred.
• Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
• Knowledge of commercial cleaning requirements.
• Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, brooms, dust pans and operate toilet servicing equipment.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Requisition ID: 24983
Posting Location(s): Louisiana
Personnel Area: LA03
Job Family/Function: Mechanical
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Mechanical